8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Passenger seat too low

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 08:46 PM

Passenger seat too low

I have a 98 and my passenger seat is power and fully adjustable. I do manufacture and sell seat spacers for other vehicles. Most other vehicles seat height is corrected by adding a pair of my QuikFix brand spacers under the 2 rear anchors of the front seat(s). I use strong grade 6061 aluminum and, in the brands that I normally cater to, I provide longer stronger bolts.I also provide instructions and free shipping. The spacers are extremely strong and the bolts are better grade, with 150,000 psi tensile strength, than stock seat bolts. For other vehicles adding these 1" tall spacers under the rear bracket-to-floor mounts provides both a more comfortable seating position and provides a better view over the dash and hood. I have only marketed these to truck owners but am reading many similar complaints from several newer car models with no height adjustment for the passenger seat and, in some cases, for manual driver seats. If this is something that may cure a low seat issue then please pm me and we can work together to develop a fix for this issue. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:29 AM

This would be a worthy addition to correct Nissan's oversight on early Gen 8 Maximas. These cars really do need additional vertical adjustment on the pax seat. It was a big reason we went from a 16 to a 19. What kind of cost would it be for those with these cars?
Old 06-10-2019, 05:55 AM

They sell in pairs for other vehicles for $35 direct paypal and $37.50 on ebay. That price includes grade 10.9 longer stronger required bolts and free priority 3 day shipping. As I am in the discovery and pre-planning stage I need to further investigate bolt size and required length. Basically need to know the original bolt size and length to determine and source the new desired length. Most vehicles use size M10 bolts but vary in the thread pitch and length. For example Toyota uses a fine thread M10-1.25 where Ford uses an M10-1.5.coarse thread. I will add a picture of the general spacer appearance. They vary from simple square shapes to more detailed versions with cutouts to match the radius in some anchor brackets. I spent 30+ years as a machinist and worked my way up to Project Manager before retiring from the trade. I also have over 10 years in Quality Control positions. Quality is my top priority in every product I produce in my one man home machine shop. I also spend extra labor in polishing and finishing every piece. For the labor involved the parts are a bargain. Fortunately I have a good day job with the DoD that supports my family. Note that these are examples used in other vehicles and may not be representative of a Maxima spacer. I am not at home so forgive the last small picture.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Wanted to post a comparison of the passenger seat position with and without rear bracket spacers for clarity​​​​​​​
Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrproduxn
Wanted to post a comparison of the passenger seat position with and without rear bracket spacers for clarity
I may live in a different world, but I have carried many passengers in my 17SL and I've never received a complaint or comment from a passenger asking how to raise the seat. I have seen them adjust the seat forward and then comment, "There, that's better."
Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM

https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...stment-sr.html
Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 PM

“How do you raise the seat” is the first question my wife asked on her first ride in the passenger seat of my Maxima now she offers to drive... her Honda. We live in Southern California, which is truly a different world.

Last edited by BrianShaw; 06-10-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:43 PM

Thanks for looking. Apparently this is not a big deal on the Maxima so I will not make them. I sell plenty for other vehicles. FYI my 1998 SLE just turned 98,000 miles this week. Never been in an accident. Engine and transmission are untouched internally. Leather is still in good shape too. Driven as a work commuter 3-4 days a week. Not too shabby for a 21 year old car. Take care and enjoy your Maxima.