8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Moon roof console part

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020 | 01:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Moon roof console part

Our console on the roof that controls the moon roof and has the glasses holder is loose and I'm looking for parts to fix the issue. I am trying to not take it in to get replaced as I'm guessing it's just some clip. Called the dealership and they quoted me an 1100.00 part saying it's one whole piece. Seems excessive. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2020 | 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by FahQ
Our console on the roof that controls the moon roof and has the glasses holder is loose and I'm looking for parts to fix the issue. I am trying to not take it in to get replaced as I'm guessing it's just some clip. Called the dealership and they quoted me an 1100.00 part saying it's one whole piece. Seems excessive. Thanks in advance.
not sure what year your car is, but this site has all the parts youll need https://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-p...t/sunroof-scat this link is to a 2018 moon roof. plug in your year and try and find the piece that you are missing.
Old 08-24-2020 | 06:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Mr.Santos
not sure what year your car is, but this site has all the parts youll need https://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-p...t/sunroof-scat this link is to a 2018 moon roof. plug in your year and try and find the piece that you are missing.
Yeah, it's a 2018. I appreciate the link. Not sure I can find the exact part I'm looking for, but I'll try. Just seems that the Moon roof console/ map light console would be held in place by retaining clips of some kind.
Old 08-24-2020 | 08:16 AM

Yeah, it's a 2018. I appreciate the link. Not sure I can find the exact part I'm looking for, but I'll try. Just seems that the Moon roof console/ map light console would be held in place by retaining clips of some kind.
No problem, think you can take a pic of what you think is missing or the actual part of the problem, also call your Dealer Ship back and ask for a part#.
Old 08-31-2020 | 09:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Mr.Santos
No problem, think you can take a pic of what you think is missing or the actual part of the problem, also call your Dealer Ship back and ask for a part#.
Sorry for the delay. Here's what's going on.

Old 10-08-2020 | 06:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

A few new pics. Looks like the metal clips are bad.

I can't find the clips listed anywhere.
Old 10-12-2020 | 04:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

It is just held in by clips. Go to auto zone and pick up a few. It simply pulls out. Feels like ur gonna break something when pulling but you're not. The clips are pretty tight.
Old 10-12-2020 | 06:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by chasewen
It is just held in by clips. Go to auto zone and pick up a few. It simply pulls out. Feels like ur gonna break something when pulling but you're not. The clips are pretty tight.
Any idea of the part number? I was speaking with an Auto Zone rep through chat and they couldn't find anything.
Old 10-16-2020 | 09:10 AM

Any idea of the part number? I was speaking with an Auto Zone rep through chat and they couldn't find anything.
The black clips - forgot what they're called - are somewhat generic / universal. Maybe "alligator tooth" or something like that?

Now if the other side (on the grey Kasai part) are damaged/worn/chewed up - as yours look like they might be - that's going to be a Nissan part, and more expensive.

Was the sunroof ever serviced? Did you buy the car new or used?
Old 10-16-2020 | 11:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Purchased it used. The plastic piece does look worn a little. However when looking at the clips, the right side is definitely in need of replacement. If new clips don't fix it, we'll look at the actual part. Sunroof was never serviced. But, we had to have the front window replaced because of an issue at purchase and the installer noted that he thought there was work done on the car. It was not on the carfax report, I assume Enterprise (who owned the car initially) had someone fix something and didn't report it.
Old 10-16-2020 | 11:55 AM

Purchased it used. The plastic piece does look worn a little. However when looking at the clips, the right side is definitely in need of replacement. If new clips don't fix it, we'll look at the actual part. Sunroof was never serviced. But, we had to have the front window replaced because of an issue at purchase and the installer noted that he thought there was work done on the car. It was not on the carfax report, I assume Enterprise (who owned the car initially) had someone fix something and didn't report it.
great info. Sorry you’re dealing with this.
I have a nasty rattle in my passenger A-pillar, and am afraid they’ll have to tear up the entire windshield/headliner to get access / fix it for good.
bought new/2019...