Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking Talk about suspension geometry, advanced handling/chassis setup, custom brakes, etc. NOT your basic brake pads and "best drop" Information.

Question regarding Tein Coilovers (Help ASAP Please)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:02 AM

Exclamation Question regarding Tein Coilovers (Help ASAP Please)

Hey guys, I have some questions about these coilovers. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and need some advice as soon as you can offer it. Ok so let me start off by showing you a picture of the coilovers:

So this is the issue: If you notice in the picture, the dampening adjustment ***** are missing on the rears. Is that possible? Could the plastic portion be gone and only the metal adjustable portion (underneath the plastic parts) remains to be adjusted?

I called a local dealer and asked them possible scenarios for why the black plastic piece on the back struts would be missing. They said they've never ever heard of a issue where the entire dampening adjustment **** was gone (including the metal part underneath it?) because it actually goes down INTO the strut for adjustment. At the time i called, I didn't ask if its possible for the black adjustment **** to just pop off and leave the swiveling metal lever underneath it. Thats why I'm confused.

ALSO..if ANYONE can get me a pic of the rears *CLOSEUP* of the **** and tell me if that **** really does come off...I would REALLY appreciate it! AND it would definitely clear up all my confusions

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer on this subject
Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

MY DEAR GOD! How many places are you going to post this? as stated before, the top hats come off your existing springs/struts. The plastic parts of the ***** aren't needed to turn the nut below them.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by GBAUER
MY DEAR GOD! How many places are you going to post this? as stated before, the top hats come off your existing springs/struts. The plastic parts of the ***** aren't needed to turn the nut below them.
I posted in two...the 5th gen forums (Newbie thread) and then Irish suggested posting in here because someone would be able to answer my question. Whats wrong with that?

I tried the newbie thread for the last 2 days and no luck...so now i tried the suspension forum...

Edit: Once again, is it possible for them to come off? (by your response I assume it is)...Can i buy the pieces seperatley from Tein? (couldnt find them on their website)...And how do I know if I adjusted the struts exactly the same if there is no **** indicating what setting is it on?