Advanced Suspension, Chassis, and Braking Talk about suspension geometry, advanced handling/chassis setup, custom brakes, etc. NOT your basic brake pads and "best drop" Information.

WarpSpeed is back on the SFC Game! (56k Beware)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:59 PM

To update everyone on WSP progress, I just got confirmation of SFC shipment.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Originally Posted by irish44j
I just think that he's pointing out that it should be up to the consumers to decide on a product, rather than WS badmouthing Cattman and Truax. I mean, badmouthing Cattman? Is that a joke? Brian Catts makes better quality products than WSP can ever hope to. But he doesn't come on here talking trash.

In such a small market for AM parts like the maxima, most of the vendors here interact well and help each other out. Coming out and badmouthing other vendors is just plain classless.
I know. I was being sarcastic.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Sold

so, Gtr what sorta time frame are you thinking for the reviews?
I'm really interested and which did you order from wsp? Stage one, 2, or 3?
thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
STFU n00b!

I didn't say anything about square tubing. You were talking about the welded spots rusting, and I disagreed with your logic commenting that the fewer the welds, the better. The number of welds doesn't change a thing as far as rust goes.

FYI, cutting and welding tubing doesn't hurt the strength at all, assuming they're properly welded. The bends in the other tubes actually weaken it because you stretch the metal on the outside radius.
the differences in strength between the two are negligible when it all comes down to it.

Originally Posted by 95BLKMAX
I did also say this on that same post Matt..
"Personally, I dont like the square tubing, but thats my preference."

I do agree with your point though. Let me clarify. I was just contrasting how the TMS units (since they were made to hug the bottom of the car) have alot of cutting and welding ON THE BARS THEMSELVES, as opposed to the WSP bars that are a solid piece from head to end (aside of course to the attachment points- I used those for reference only). This is what I was referring to when I said I didnt like the # of welds on the TMS units.

Again, this is my personal opinion.

Quote from Charleikwin:
"The most important point to me is that TMS, while they may still be learning, are ultimately focused on customer service and will stand behind their product and do what they can to make you happy, so good on them for that. Take that for what you will."

I have to agree with you on this. TMS is doing a great job in running a new company and they are making a great name/ reputation for themselves.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JSMax
so, Gtr what sorta time frame are you thinking for the reviews?
I'm really interested and which did you order from wsp? Stage one, 2, or 3?
thanks
They get here friday, I will be taking some pictures same day. Saturday I have a VI install to complete and sunday the welder is closed.. Possibly Saturday after next I will be installing a Stage 3 setup so you will get a full analysis on the product. A minor setback being that WSP requested this be a WSP only review so no Traux system will be mentioned. A similar Traux Motorsports SFC review will be given on a 5.5gen although from what ive been told the designs are basically identical based on facts that only those who need to know understand

edited: last sentence was retarded
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by gtr_rider
They get here friday, I will be taking some pictures same day. Saturday I have a VI install to complete and sunday the welder is closed.. Possibly Saturday after next I will be installing a Stage 3 setup so you will get a full analysis on the product. A minor setback being that WSP requested this be a WSP only review so no Traux system will be mentioned. A similar Traux Motorsports SFC review will be given on a 5.5gen although from what ive been told the designs are almost identical for reason those in the know would be aware of.
They really are scared of some competition.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:52 PM

I beg to differ
Old 07-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Sold

hmmm, I wonder why wsp wanted only a review of their products when they have "mom truax" on their website endorsing their products.

Anyway, I'll keep checking back for the complete wsp review. thanks gtr_rider.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 PM
retired moderator

A minor setback being that WSP requested this be a WSP only review so no Traux system will be mentioned.
Ironic that they talk so much trash but they don't want their product compared head-to-head with the ones they talk trash about. If they are so sure that their product is superior, they should be fine with a comparison.

In any case, since the design doesn't appear to have been changed at all from what I can see....is there really a point to writing up an all-new review on an old product?

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?searchid=604297

^^ the first one is my review of the Truax, the other four are reviews/writeups of WS SFCs....

Luke, I'm sure you're getting a nice deal on these (free?), but is WSP even an org sponsor?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 PM

From what Dallas described of the New SFC, it has some new modifications to suite people with 3" exhaust systems, and also cleaner fitment to the underbody curvature. Yes, its a great deal I am getting on the WSP system but this writeup will be going on VQpower.com which of course all of my reviews end up.

One thing I like to do with my reviews is give some upclose and personal shots of the products comparing things such as welds and craftsmenship. Since I will not be comparing the two by request of Dallas(reasons are disclosed) I will be just taking shots of the craftsmenship of the WSP solely. I would also like to note that a lot of the customers these vendors see are not from the organization but are directed by hear-say or reviews such as these. This is a great way to advertise and promote businesses, etc.

I will have some upclose pictures shortly after Fedex drops the package off. Stay Tuned.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 PM

I'll probably be getting the TMS ones when I get the cash, and will try to post a similar review with some detailed pictures.

But someone might beat me to it; it'll be awhile before I get the $$.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:35 AM

A minor setback being that WSP requested this be a WSP only review so no Traux system will be mentioned.
I hope they gave you those subframe connectors! I don't think I've ever seen a company that makes it so difficult to buy their products.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

still dont understand why wsp wont allow a head to head review... sounds fishy to me...
Old 07-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
still dont understand why wsp wont allow a head to head review... sounds fishy to me...
They are scared of competition
Old 07-13-2007, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Law
They are scared of competition
pretty lame if you ask me....
Old 07-13-2007, 09:39 PM

pretty lame if you ask me....
Pretty generous understatement.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 PM

If you ask me:

Warpspeed just sat there scratching their ***** for two years, knowing that the Maxima community would snap their product up in a heartbeat if they ever came back. Then, Truax beat them to the punch and their reputation is in the crapper. The only way Warpseed could dig out of that hole would be proving that their design works better than Truax's. But since they know damn well that it doesn't work any better, they don't want people to find that out for sure because then they would just buy Truax's on principle.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by d00df00d
If you ask me:

Warpspeed just sat there scratching their ***** for two years, knowing that the Maxima community would snap their product up in a heartbeat if they ever came back. Then, Truax beat them to the punch and their reputation is in the crapper. The only way Warpseed could dig out of that hole would be proving that their design works better than Truax's. But since they know damn well that it doesn't work any better, they don't want people to find that out for sure because then they would just buy Truax's on principle.
Well put
Old 07-13-2007, 10:17 PM

Great post d00d, I couldn't have said it better. I'm sure they also feel like TMS betrayed them/stole some of their customerbase.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Great post d00d, I couldn't have said it better. I'm sure they also feel like TMS betrayed them/stole some of their customerbase.
What customerbase?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
One of their founding members spinning off to take up the slack they left and steal all their potential customers? I bet they feel like they've been eviscerated.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by d00df00d
One of their founding members spinning off to take up the slack they left and steal all their potential customers? I bet they feel like they've been eviscerated.
Kind of like how one of the original members of Burton snowboard company left to form Ride Snowboards. And although Burton still outsells them on name, Ride makes a better quality board......
Old 07-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Kevlo for President

I fail to see why anyone would defend Warpspeed... Horrible service and their products aren't even that good. Including their "famous" ypipes...
Old 07-15-2007, 09:00 AM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
I fail to see why anyone would defend Warpspeed... Horrible service and their products aren't even that good. Including their "famous" ypipes...
they were "famous?" For what?

is anything made for a maxima really "famous?"
Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Kevlo for President

they were "famous?" For what?

is anything made for a maxima really "famous?"

k wrong word

well known?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 AM
retired moderator

lol....from WSP's site:

We recently noticed some people using 11 gage square tubing in a poor attempt to imitate our sfc design. We discovered their "designer/welder" with 30 years experience just got out of high school. Should you have a problem do you think they are going to stand behind their product, they have been making these for 2 months so no doubt the testing was what...lacking? Do you think they have a business license, insurance, a retail location, a shop to install them, toll free number for USA and Canada? Nope. They didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Wow....badmouthing their own family members.....classy. WSP acts like their "original" SFCs were some kind of technological marvel, when in truth anyone with metalworking and welding equipment can build SFCs.

Toll free number? lol? Yeah, one that they never actually answer.....

They do have an "attorney" that advised them to come up with something "different" which is what they are trying to tell you is "as good as". Ever had "as good as"? It's usually right across the aisle in the soft drink section from the real thing but it's not really the real thing is it? We don't even use 11 gage tubing for our jigs, (something we learned in welding school and a bunch of years in the railroad industry).
Is Dallas drunk when he comes up with these things???
Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 AM
retired moderator

k wrong word

well known?
well known for bees in a can, wasn't it?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 PM

honestly, i wouldn't be suprised if sean had more knowledge than dallas does.... met him at maxus, awesome guy, and unlike what dallas says, Sean and Dan DO stand by their products.... and actually respond to their customers questions and needs

also, its quite obvious warpspeed's maturity level has not increased what so ever..... i wouldnt be surprised if their customer service AND products have not improved at all either...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:15 PM
SLOW

Yikes - alot of smack talking going on there.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:13 PM
retired moderator

honestly, i wouldn't be suprised if sean had more knowledge than dallas does.... met him at maxus, awesome guy, and unlike what dallas says, Sean and Dan DO stand by their products.... and actually respond to their customers questions and needs

also, its quite obvious warpspeed's maturity level has not increased what so ever..... i wouldnt be surprised if their customer service AND products have not improved at all either...
they can say all they want about round vs. square tubing....but when it comes down to tensile strength and twist resistance, the WSP vs. TMS SFCs are more or less the same strength. Any variation would be too minimal to claim "one is better than the other."

btw, Ford Mustang owners WIDELY use SFCs. One of the most popular and well-known SFCs for Mustangs are the Kenny Brown connectors. Note the squareness

also Tin Man SFCs for Mustangs

and Global West

UPR...I'm seeing a square trend here..

Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Yikes - alot of smack talking going on there.
Seriously. I just wanted to let people know that WSP was producing them again. Flaming started when they asked me why I chose them over Trauxx, all he11 broke loose from there
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 PM

Sean and Dan DO stand by their products.... and actually respond to their customers questions and needs
I see two people from TMS registered and posting/answering all sorts of questions on the org, and WSP talking a bunch of (fallacious) smack on their own website and auctions.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:53 PM

E]

I love those I made something similar for the srt4s.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 AM

lol....from WSP's site:

Wow....badmouthing their own family members.....classy. WSP acts like their "original" SFCs were some kind of technological marvel, when in truth anyone with metalworking and welding equipment can build SFCs.

Toll free number? lol? Yeah, one that they never actually answer.....

Is Dallas drunk when he comes up with these things???
That's just pathetic.

BTW, perhaps anyone with the right equipment can build SFCs, but that doesn't mean they'll be any good. But point taken. If WSP is going to pull the design infringement card, I think they should first consider where they got the "inspiration" for some of their designs.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by funky_monkey58
I love those I made something similar for the srt4s.
Nice!

10goldstars
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigEL
If WSP is going to pull the design infringement card, I think they should first consider where they got the "inspiration" for some of their designs.
Edited for emphasis. Looking at a frame rail and saying "hey, let's weld a tube to that" isn't exactly an epiphany.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 AM

Nice!

10goldstars
Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Hooooooonda.....

of course they are responding to all the questions and what not. They're an upstart, how do small businesses survive? They bend over backwards for the customer until they gain customer base and expand. Then they get big heads and **** falls apart. Do you think that dallas was a ***** from the beginning? If he was he wouldn't even be mentioned anywhere on the forums. Yeah he was one of the firsts to support maximas but that alone wouldn't have been enough to keep him afloat.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Hooooooonda.....

That's just pathetic.

BTW, perhaps anyone with the right equipment can build SFCs, but that doesn't mean they'll be any good. But point taken. If WSP is going to pull the design infringement card, I think they should first consider where they got the "inspiration" for some of their designs.
really, have you looked at the TMS design? It's not rocket science. Their design is so simple that ANYONE can do it and it will be just as good as theirs...
Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
of course they are responding to all the questions and what not. They're an upstart, how do small businesses survive? They bend over backwards for the customer until they gain customer base and expand. Then they get big heads and **** falls apart. Do you think that dallas was a ***** from the beginning? If he was he wouldn't even be mentioned anywhere on the forums. Yeah he was one of the firsts to support maximas but that alone wouldn't have been enough to keep him afloat.
Alright, but that doesn't change the fact that TMS is being helpful and standing behind their product and WSP is being a bunch of tools.

Quick Reply: WarpSpeed is back on the SFC Game! (56k Beware)