All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

3.5 swap under way...anyone know where I can find (a set of 6) injector plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006 | 07:12 PM
csb

3.5 swap under way...anyone know where I can find (a set of 6) injector plugs?

Salvage yard engine didn't include them...can anyone point me in the right direction. All I need are the plugs, and Nissan makes you buy the entire injector harness for $800.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Make that a set of 3...3 are still on the car!
Old 07-21-2006 | 07:41 PM

www.car-part.com

I did a search for 02-03 Maxima (engine wiring msc) one as cheap as $200, a lot with no price that you'll need to call.

Hopefully you can find a good one close for cheap.
Old 07-21-2006 | 08:36 PM

I had the same problem. I was actually going to post a thread about this, but i'll just put the info in this post. My solution after a few weeks of looking around for injector harnesses was these:

These are injector connector pigtails that napa carries. The model that I used were for the 2000 chevy s10. Even though they are a square injector connector, my theory was, as long as the pins slid in right, then they would work. You need to modify (remove) the plastic a bit to get them to work (dremel):

After you remove all the plastic with the dremel (test fit them of course), solder them up to the main harness. I simply wrapped mine in electrical tape after I was done, and they work flawlessly now. Notice how in the picture I kept the blue insulator on there. I suggest you do the same. It will seal up the pins from the elements.

These things cost me 7 bucks each at napa. I only needed 3 because I had the rear injector harness. Don't even waste your time trying to find the factory harness, it's not worth it. I went through ordering what harness I thought was right (per nissan FAST), and it turned out to be the wrong one. Also, don't try to modify your 3.0 injector plugs either, they won't work. Trust me.

Have napa show you a picture in their catalog of this, and confirm that it's the same thing in the first picture. If it's not, then I'll get a part number for you if you need it.

-Dan
Old 07-21-2006 | 08:39 PM
csb

Thanks very much for that info. I'll check with them tomorrow, just in case.
Old 07-21-2006 | 08:40 PM

damn nice GoalieKeg, How did you figure the S10 pig tails would work?
Old 07-21-2006 | 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
A bosch injector is a bosch injector. Therefore I just had my guy at napa look up and show me some pictures of a few different style pigtails. He ordered a few different styles to try out in the store with one of my injectors, and this one was the winner. GM's and Nissans use bosch injectors. There's not that many different styles of connectors from what I can tell. Like I said, my theory was if the pins would match up, they would work. So there you go, another easy way to save money on the swap if your motor didn't come with a harness.

By the way, these connectors are all over ebay as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Injec...spagenameZWDVW

I don't know if the pins are the same on these so I would reccomend getting them from napa regardless.

Oh, by the way, here's a final picture of my dirty swap:

Old 07-21-2006 | 08:51 PM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by MDeezy
EDIT: He beat me to it.
Old 07-21-2006 | 08:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did you try calling the junkyard to see if they would give it to you?

I was missing the harness as well when I got my motor, but called them and asked for it and they shipped it to me free of charge.

As for the S10 injector plugs, thats a very slick find for people who don't get the harnesses.
Old 07-22-2006 | 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by csb
Salvage yard engine didn't include them...can anyone point me in the right direction. All I need are the plugs, and Nissan makes you buy the entire injector harness for $800.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch.

You were on the right track of thinking. Nissan doesnt make the injector plugs.