All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Just contacted SportCompactCar...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 11:54 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Just contacted SportCompactCar...

hey, I just contacted SportCompactCar about the vq35 swap in the 4th gen, basically told him all my mods to the engine, and it didn't sound too promising. He basically told me it wasn't that unique, since the vq30 was in it to begin with. He also told me his editor passed on the vq35 sentra (travis), and decided to go with the vq35 240sx. I wasn't really surprised, but considering how popular the swap is getting, and the wealth of information you can find on the subject, i'd think someone would have to cover it sooner or later.

Oh well, someday we'll make it into the papers, like Jime did with his 95.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
dot dot dot ...

them.... We'll just have sleepers and they can eat a d*ck rice loving terd farks.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:18 PM

maxima's dont bring in the money 240sx do basically?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
vsamoylov

you were expecting something else?

Old 09-05-2006, 01:04 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
you were expecting something else?
Originally Posted by tavarish
I wasn't really surprised
But it was still worth a shot.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Custom User Title

Not unique enough... More unique than the civics, wrx's and evo's they feature every month.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Nismo3112
Not unique enough... More unique than the civics, wrx's and evo's they feature every month.
true but maximas dont bring money to them now ricers do so civics accords are all welcome which sux but O well.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:01 PM

I would rather this swap stay on the org, and not have the media publish it. I don't need every friggin tuner out there buying a maxima and putting a vq35 in it...keep it in the family if you know what I mean!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
them.... We'll just have sleepers and they can eat a d*ck rice loving terd farks.
Like i said in another thread, underestimation works in our favor and a magazine article would be counterproductive for the maxima community in that regard IMO.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by GoalieKeg
I would rather this swap stay on the org, and not have the media publish it. I don't need every friggin tuner out there buying a maxima and putting a vq35 in it...keep it in the family if you know what I mean!
+fawkin1.

10frijoles
Old 09-05-2006, 03:30 PM
drag racing is for wussies

I used to read EVERY issue of SCC since 1995 till 2001ish.... The magazine was very informative and it featured a project SE-R (200SX and Sentra) which was basically the same kinda car I was rolling in at that time.

Nowadays I just pick up a issue whenever I see something kinda interesting on the cover. I was going to send some pictures in for reader's rides- SCC person who saw my car said I should send it when I was at one of the larger NHRA events.... but I thought to myself- why even send that in ? So that every moron in the area knows what I got under the hood ? F-K all em magazines.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nismo3112
You basically just pissed in their face. Every damn time I see a souped up import with a bodykit, huge decails, horribly played out black rims with a chrome lip, a disgusting exhaust note and a ridiculous spoiler, it makes me want to throw up.

I've tried long and hard to respect the other half of the modding scene (all show and no go) but I just can't try anymore. I feel sorry for people with show cars who pour sweat, time and tears into their cars and truly think their cars are unique and/or beautiful. They're not. They're horribly played out.

They make us (import owners who truly care about performance and clean styling) look like total morons because we're tossed into one single bag.

Today some dude with a souped up civic showed up at work to buy two new front tires. Long story short when I asked if he had any "go" mods he said "Sure. I've got twin electric turbos under the hood".

I kept looking for any sign of irony but there was none. He was dead fawking serious.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:36 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by GoalieKeg
Let's keep it that way...
Old 09-05-2006, 05:50 PM

Sorry they weren't more receptive to it man, seems like a good article idea to me. I let my subscription run out a while back and just threw out all of my old issues (I had tons) yesterday. I finally grew out of the whole magazine buying phase. I realize that if I want to know about something I can find it all online anyway.

Glad you have a good attitude about it though.

Fred
Old 09-05-2006, 06:06 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge
Sorry they weren't more receptive to it man, seems like a good article idea to me
Cool thing is that you're using a FWD vesion of it... so ..
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM

SLEEPERS 4 LIFE aka maxima
Old 09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Sorry buddy,
I've been thinking to myself lately how widely available horsepower is these days. You just can't compete for a article spot much less a cover spot with less than 400hp. Plain and simple.

You've got these WRX's and EVO VIII's with some larger piping and a chip producing 400hp easily. Speaking of that, I got totally smoked(while still under the speed limit ) by an EVO III a couple months ago.

Seriously, if you want the recognition you have to start producing big numbers.

No more wining about torque steer and traction problems with FWD like I read so much on this board.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Furthermore our cars are not considered sport compact.

There needs to be another mag created called "Sport Sedan" or "Luxury Power" or "Performance Sedan" or maybe "Full Size Performance". Now that would be a good mag.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Sorry buddy,
I've been thinking to myself lately how widely available horsepower is these days. You just can't compete for a article spot much less a cover spot with less than 400hp. Plain and simple.

You've got these WRX's and EVO VIII's with some larger piping and a chip producing 400hp easily. Speaking of that, I got totally smoked(while still under the speed limit ) by an EVO III a couple months ago.

No more wining about torque steer and traction problems with FWD like I read so much on this board.
torque steer is a condition of a fwd car with power, as is torque steer with an open diff.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
3.5 in the works

My question is always what does it do in the 1/4.. ie how quick is it. HP alone isn't everthing.

As for the FWD problems, a lot of that can be worked around with upgraded suspension setups.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
aka The Doom Ship

torque steer is a condition of a fwd car with power, as is torque steer with an open diff.
I understand that but I read so many posts about people worried about torque steer in our cars like they're making excuses for not putting down big numbers.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
3.5 in the works

And how many people have 10 year old cars with shot rubber bushings everywhere, maybe worn ball joints/tie rod ends and haven't had an alignment in years.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by DandyMax
My question is always what does it do in the 1/4.. ie how quick is it. HP alone isn't everthing.

As for the FWD problems, a lot of that can be worked around with upgraded suspension setups.

Oh, I realize that. If HP was everything this would be a muscle car board. And I understand that torque has alot to do with performance also.

But the fact remains that there are so many(too many) sport compacts out there that outshine the Max.

But back to my original statement, Maximas don't belong in a SCC mag. Not the same class.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
aka The Doom Ship

To make matters even worse our cars are 6 cylinders. In the sport compact world we should be making at least 500-600hp. Does that put things in perspective?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Father of the 00 VI

i have to say to my suprise i dont understand this talk of torque steer i get none at all
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Father of the 00 VI

Oh, I realize that. If HP was everything this would be a muscle car board. And I understand that torque has alot to do with performance also.

But the fact remains that there are so many(too many) sport compacts out there that outshine the Max.

But back to my original statement, Maximas don't belong in a SCC mag. Not the same class.
so explain a accord in SCC running 14.1
Old 09-05-2006, 09:36 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by krismax
Magic. Has to be.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Hoooper

you can get a 2door accord, maybe thats why

Old 09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
drag racing is for wussies

How about Supras ? Are they Sport Compacts like Civics, Sentras, Eclipses and all the other lil garbage cars I wont even mention ? How bout GT-Rs ?

Supras, GT-Rs, 300ZXs are considered to be premium sports cars, they are not compact in any way. Why are they featured ?

Sport Compact Car used to feature some great cars, just like old Turbo Magazine used too....

I agree- I read everything I wanna know online, for free.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...2_engine_swap/

it was on a 4 door accord.

And considering the damn accord in japan comes with the engine, it's a straight swap. This is considered unique. I'm gonna go swap my lawnmower engine into my blender, and i'll give them another call. JDM blender FTW
Old 09-05-2006, 09:54 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
How about Supras ? Are they Sport Compacts like Civics, Sentras, Eclipses and all the other lil garbage cars I wont even mention ? How bout GT-Rs ?

Supras, GT-Rs, 300ZXs are considered to be premium sports cars, they are not compact in any way. Why are they featured ?

Sport Compact Car used to feature some great cars, just like old Turbo Magazine used too....

I agree- I read everything I wanna know online, for free.
i'm gonna contact modified mag. I'm gonna still try to give my car its 15 minutes of fame. And no, no reader rides crap.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:55 AM
Father of the 00 VI

i'm gonna contact modified mag. I'm gonna still try to give my car its 15 minutes of fame. And no, no reader rides crap.
did you tell them your 1/4 time
Old 09-06-2006, 04:02 AM
aka The Doom Ship

You're talking about a 2 door supercharged Accord. Nuff said.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ

You may have a valid point here. They are technically sports cars. To say they are not compact in some way is not true however. Most of the cars you mentioned barely have a back seat.

Either way, you're going to fault SCC for putting sports cars in their mag?

Doesn't make sense.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Father of the 00 VI

You may have a valid point here. They are technically sports cars. To say they are not compact in some way is not true however. Most of the cars you mentioned barely have a back seat.

Either way, you're going to fault SCC for putting sports cars in their mag?

Doesn't make sense.
no your missing the point its a sport COMPACT CAR mag a 3600lb supra doesnt fit that .

they would sell more mags having a maxima in there than a supra much more maximas i just dont get them having a few accords in there .

I think whats needed is a 12.5 NA max full interior
Old 09-06-2006, 04:19 AM
aka The Doom Ship

no your missing the point its a sport COMPACT CAR mag a 3600lb supra doesnt fit that .

they would sell more mags having a maxima in there than a supra much more maximas i just dont get them having a few accords in there .

I think whats needed is a 12.5 NA max full interior
Again, you're going to fault SCC for putting Supras in their mag??? That does not make sense.

And you honestly believe the mag will sell more if they featured more Maximas than Supras??? You are officially placed in the nut category.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:24 AM
Father of the 00 VI

Again, you're going to fault SCC for putting Supras in their mag??? That does not make sense.

And you honestly believe the mag will sell more if they featured more Maximas than Supras??? You are officially placed in the nut category.
i have to say i have never bought one mag for having a supra in it but i did buy the issue of modified mag that had jime in it.

think about this my nut JR theres been over 1 million maximas made i know someone that has 7 how many supras are out there ?

i like to see diff cars not the same old boring RWD cars that few own i know not one person with a supra and i know of very few people who buy SCC and many other car mags for that reason.

they had a twin engine tiberon in SCC once id rather see stuff like that than the same cars every issue these mags are very one tracked
Old 09-06-2006, 04:39 AM
aka The Doom Ship

i have to say i have never bought one mag for having a supra in it but i did buy the issue of modified mag that had jime in it.

think about this my nut JR theres been over 1 million maximas made i know someone that has 7 how many supras are out there ?

i like to see diff cars not the same old boring RWD cars that few own i know not one person with a supra and i know of very few people who buy SCC and many other car mags for that reason.

they had a twin engine tiberon in SCC once id rather see stuff like that than the same cars every issue these mags are very one tracked
There are also a million Hyndais, a million Kias, a million Saturns out there. I guess they should make the mag too.

You're missing the point of the mag.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:38 AM
dot dot dot ...

You're missing the point of the mag.
You're missing our point as enthusiasts. Look outside the box.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:48 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
You're missing our point as enthusiasts. Look outside the box.
Well, that clears things up.

Quick Reply: Just contacted SportCompactCar...