All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

noob questions about greddy emanage

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:32 AM
Toolie

noob questions about greddy emanage

Getting headers and b-pipe for the car soon, so obviously I will have to tune. Just wanted some feedback from the guys who use the emanage ultimate.This looks larger than the safc or vafc so just wondering where you guys put it? I'll be needing to hide this from the wife so wondering if it can be under the seat.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

LOL hide from the wife. Well I thought if you have an aftermarket head unit then it would fit in the remaining single-din slot, but this isn't your case. The unit can be mounted wherever you choose, but you will have to run the wires there and hide it there (Through the center console or through the door trim ... maybe under the carpets). Personally I do not like placing anything under the seat because there is usually a way to see the wires in some shape or fashion versus it being completely hidden if it were in the dash.

You trying to hide it so she doesn't touch it or so she doesn't know?
Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Toolie

so she does't know I spent over a grand on the car
Even dumber question where does the actual harness plug in? Driver's side? passenger?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

passenger side...the ecu harness is on the passenger side...
Old 10-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
She isn't going to be suspicious about you spending a grand and not telling her what for?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:51 AM

Even dumber question where does the actual harness plug in? Driver's side? passenger?

It doesn't "plug" in. You have to solder and use crimp connectors.

What you need to do is look around where the ecu is to find a spot to set it/mount it. I have my EU mounted somewhere very clever.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Toolie

Originally Posted by Tatanko
She isn't going to be suspicious about you spending a grand and not telling her what for?

She doesn't know about my second bank account
Old 10-28-2006, 05:26 PM
dot dot dot ...

Over a grand for an emanage? EMU..?
Old 10-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Toolie

[QUOTE=knight_yyz]Getting headers and b-pipe for the car soon, so obviously I will have to tune. QUOTE]

Guess you need to read the first post again nmex?

Pretty sure those 3 items will be a grand in the US and in Canada....
Old 10-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Need A Light?

Getting headers and b-pipe for the car soon, so obviously I will have to tune. Just wanted some feedback from the guys who use the emanage ultimate.This looks larger than the safc or vafc so just wondering where you guys put it? I'll be needing to hide this from the wife so wondering if it can be under the seat.
You can mount it under the seat...the wiring is long enough to reach there...so no problem...
Old 10-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Toolie

thanks steven
Old 10-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Need A Light?

thanks steven
no problem...do you plan on getting a wideband o2 and street tuning it? if you plan to keep the car for awhile...and add more mods, etc....IMO, it might be a worthy investment to get a wideband o2 and do all the tuning yourself...instead of paying $150+ an hour to a speed shop to tune...each and everytime you get a new mod...
Old 10-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Toolie

just the headers and b pipe for now, maybe a catback next year. That should be about it
Old 10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Toolie

I'm not 100% on what the best setup should be. I'm going with what the service manager recommended, which was to bung the secondaries at the b-pipe behind the cat. (alternately I think I could use a permanent test pipe?) I don't even know where a wideband o2 sensor goes. Does it replace an existing o2? Or does it require another bung? Now that I've mentioned this about 10 guys will have 10 different opinions on what the best way to set this up would be. All I know is that I want to put headers on the car for the extra horses, i don't want it to run too rich, or too lean for that matter. There are too many options/opinions on the best setup and after reading about 10 or 15 pages of posts and contradictory info I end up confused with a bad headache.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:09 PM

I'm not 100% on what the best setup should be. I'm going with what the service manager recommended, which was to bung the secondaries at the b-pipe behind the cat. (alternately I think I could use a permanent test pipe?) I don't even know where a wideband o2 sensor goes. Does it replace an existing o2? Or does it require another bung? Now that I've mentioned this about 10 guys will have 10 different opinions on what the best way to set this up would be. All I know is that I want to put headers on the car for the extra horses, i don't want it to run too rich, or too lean for that matter. There are too many options/opinions on the best setup and after reading about 10 or 15 pages of posts and contradictory info I end up confused with a bad headache.

The easiest way to install one is to have an exhaust shop weld a bung into a spot right after your y-pipe flex section. This way, whether you run a test pipe or not, you're good to go, and can run the wbo2 full time.

On a side note, I have my wbo2 installed in the stock bung on the b-pipe in place of the secondary o2 sensor with the secondary o2 sensor completely disconnected. I also have the second auxilary output wire on my innovate wbo2 attached to the secondary o2 ecu wire, and I have no o2 sensor codes. You can go this route if you want to simulate your o2 sensor up to the 03 model. I'm not sure about the 04 and up, I believe that they have all wideband sensors.

EDIT: I run my wb with a test pipe which enables me to put it in the b-pipe.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Old Maxima Legend

anyone have photos of their emanage setup/install ? im wondering where to put it as well. I dont have a radio so that hole space is empty, and have nothing in the single slot below that either. really needs cool placement with easy access for laptop

photos ?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:47 AM
3.5 in the works

Knight... don't put a WB behind the cat. Put it in the y-pipe before the cat.

Are you planning on installing the EU yourself, and when? If you need help let me know, I'm only 1hr away.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:18 AM
Toolie

thanks dandy, I may take you up on that. Mind if I ask, do you know where I can get hotshots locally? Cattman will be at least 3 weeks from last friday, and I can't order them on thehotshot website, and they are not responding to emails...
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 AM
3.5 in the works

thanks dandy, I may take you up on that. Mind if I ask, do you know where I can get hotshots locally? Cattman will be at least 3 weeks from last friday, and I can't order them on thehotshot website, and they are not responding to emails...
Sorry I don't know; I have all Cattman exhaust.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Toolie

cattman was my first choice but the timing is all wrong... I don't think I have three weeks to wait.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:00 PM

I think I remember someone saying that Hotshot will no longer be making headers, they are going out of business. Also, their customer service is poor, they never respond to my emails, IMO I wouldn't bother with them and go with cattman.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Toolie

i'd like to go with cattman, but they are having fitment problems at the moment and as of last friday they were looking at shipping 3 weeks from now. That's if the next test fit goes smoothly. plus I am number 24 or 25 on the list. Problem is I'm getting my block replaced due to oil burning (under warranty) and the dealership said they would install the headers for free since it isn't any harder than putting the exhaust manifolds back in. maybe and extra hour or two labour for the moving of the o2 sensors. Guess I'll have to wait and see how long it will take to get the new block. I did ask hotshot a few weeks ago if the ns3017 were in stock and they said yes, (took a week to reply) but they haven't getten back to me on how to order them from Canada.