All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

EB not letting me activate VI...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 PM
10 psi

EB not letting me activate VI...

When the summit RPM switch is all wired, and yes its wired correctly, it seems the emanage is not "sharing" the rpm signal with the summit, it wont activate and it also makes my tach not work. when i unhooked just the tach wire from the summit, the tach works again. How do i get this to work?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Kevlo for President

Can the emanage not read the signal from the ignition source?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:54 AM
10 psi

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Can the emanage not read the signal from the ignition source?

I don't know... I wonder if it blocks the signal (the
eb) when its all connected or what.. I can't figure it out. I know its gotta be emanage related, everything works great until i try and hook up that tach wire. it doesn't make any difference whether its spliced before the emange or after.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Originally Posted by glenmoormax
When the summit RPM switch is all wired, and yes its wired correctly, it seems the emanage is not "sharing" the rpm signal with the summit, it wont activate and it also makes my tach not work. when i unhooked just the tach wire from the summit, the tach works again. How do i get this to work?
With the RPM signal there is a limited amount of voltage. Tapping more and more stuff onto the line loads down the signal and eventially there is not enough signal for anything. When I was messing with the SMT-6 I found this out.

If possible I would remove the Summit and have the Emanage do the RPM switching for you. Worst case you would have to use a relay cause I don't think the Emanage can directly drive the VI. You can also try putting a resistor between the Summit and the tach wire tap, this way the RPM signal tap's resistance is higher and will take less voltage away from the RPM line.

Id try a 4700 ohm (4.7K) resistor and see what happens, but idealy Id just use the Emanage for everything. Heres a crappy diagram, doesn't really matter which order the Summit or Emanage is in.

Tach
|
*-----{resistor}----Summit RPM Tap
|
|
|
*-----{resistor}----Emanage RPM Tap
|
ECU
Old 11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
10 psi

/thanks man, that awnsers one of my questions... I THOUGHT you could use the emanage for the VI activation somehow, I am still trying to figure it all out, i got the support toll kit so i can tune it for my elevation etc, but am now running into more problems, created by me not understanding. the cable i cannot figure out where it plugs into, i am assuming the usb goes into the emanage and that my laptop either needs an adapter to plug in the piece that looks like it goes into the back of a moniter or something. anyhow i will see about that resistor and that does make sense what you were saying about the load on the wire.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:09 PM

I was under the assumption the EB is able to directly control the VIAS. There is a VTEC wire which, similar to the VAFCII can be wired to the VIAS and open and close via user configuration with the EB and software.

with this in mind, it would be better to run the Eblue for everything.

The Eblue doesnt use just a USB cable like the ultimate. You'll need a USB cable on one end, and then a USb-> serial converter for it to conect to your computer. then load the eblue software plug into the unit, and make your adjustments.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:13 PM

you'd need this. . .
Old 11-16-2006, 09:24 PM
10 psi

Originally Posted by MDeezy
you'd need this. . .

i have a cable that looks like that, although the input for my computer doesn't let it fit, i have a connection on here that has 3 layers of 5 holes... i have the software on here and ready to go, i need to head to the computer store tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 AM

your computer should have a serial port, which is the same size as the connector. Parrallel port is longers and/or would be the oposite gender needed.

try plugging it into ports on the back of your computer, it will only fit the serial port. If you dont have a serial port thats a whole other story.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 AM

cant you just use relay instead of pulling your power from the tach and/or the ecu. just wire a DPST (double pole single throw) relay. you may even find one that takes a seperate power source so it will sink as little current from the ecu/tach as possible.