All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Would i be better off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007 | 01:20 AM

Would i be better off?

Hey guys. My max is auto now that dont stop me from modding it but i did buy a complete mevi for the car.Heard and been told ill lose power from it if i install it so ive been trying to selling it but no luck.I currently for performance parts have injen cai,greddy sp2. Im paying off my new wheels and tires but as soon as im done that its getting droped on some tein springs and im going to get a udp.Over the winter i plan on getting cattman headers and jwt ecu upgrade.With all these mods would i be better off keeping this kit and installing it.I will get a tranny cooler to go with all that.And last but not least im going to go with a 75 shot.So i know its no use to me right now but later down the road i think it maybe.Should i just keep it?
Old 07-28-2007 | 04:48 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by 96MaximuzGXE
Hey guys. My max is auto now that dont stop me from modding it but i did buy a complete mevi for the car.Heard and been told ill lose power from it if i install it so ive been trying to selling it but no luck.I currently for performance parts have injen cai,greddy sp2. Im paying off my new wheels and tires but as soon as im done that its getting droped on some tein springs and im going to get a udp.Over the winter i plan on getting cattman headers and jwt ecu upgrade.With all these mods would i be better off keeping this kit and installing it.I will get a tranny cooler to go with all that.And last but not least im going to go with a 75 shot.So i know its no use to me right now but later down the road i think it maybe.Should i just keep it?
00VI > MEVI > USIM. Stick with stock if you want, but the low end loss (or midrange? whichever) of the MEVI is worth the top end you gain, IMO.

Headers aren't really worth the price for what little they give you over the stock units, especially since you have a y-pipe already. Save the money towards something better.

And Injen CAI for performance? Not too sure about that...
Old 07-28-2007 | 08:59 AM

Well in the injen cai made well seemed to make a difference to me and place racing intake isnt made anymore.Headers are overall better and every gain is worth it.So i guess ill just keep the mevi.
Old 07-28-2007 | 09:40 AM
<3's the all motor section

wait...so this thread is about intakes and exhausts in the all-motor section?

just put on your mevi since you bought it without researching it first obviously. put on your bolt-ons...and be happy.
Old 07-28-2007 | 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by XJinCT
wait...so this thread is about intakes and exhausts in the all-motor section?

just put on your mevi since you bought it without researching it first obviously. put on your bolt-ons...and be happy.
thought i was in the 4th gen section for a second.

to the OP, believe it or not, this has been discussed at least a thousand times. research a bit to find the info you need.
Old 07-28-2007 | 09:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The only mod I could ever feel a differance in my car was boost about 10psi of boost!
Old 07-28-2007 | 10:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The MEVI is what it is. Discussing it or mulling over it won't change the pros and cons. The facts are out there and have been proven over and over again. There will be mid-range losses compared to the USIM but will have superior performance at high engine speeds. It's ultimately up to you if you want to keep it or not.

If you're still not sure, use free search.