All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

EU injector map

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 PM

EU injector map

I installed the emanage ultimate and have been able to add fuel by increasing the duration, but when i try and remove fuel it will not subtract anything. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Also, I have three check engine codes. two codes that deal with the camshaft pos sensor and one that says knock sensor malfunction. Has anyone had similar codes, or know what is causing them?
Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 AM

all of the jumper settings have been checked and version of the software was updated. Could the jumper settings be different depending on the circuit board i have?
Old 01-27-2008, 03:18 PM
3.5 in the works

Which board version do you have? Have you checked with Greddy?

Also, how do you know it's not removing fuel.. .via a WBO2 or just by watching the EU datalogger?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 AM
No more Maximas...

I believe on Merlyn's we had to switch to PW to subtract fuel. I'd have to double check, though. I'll be able to tell you tonight.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by pmohr
I believe on Merlyn's we had to switch to PW to subtract fuel. I'd have to double check, though. I'll be able to tell you tonight.
You mean switch to duty cycle? Duration and pulse width mean the same thing.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM

I have not seen a change A/F ratio with the WBO2 or duration using the datalogger. I am not sure about the board version i have i will check later. I have everthing set to duration so maybe swiching to duty cycle will help.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by nismology
You mean switch to duty cycle? Duration and pulse width mean the same thing.
Err, I'm an idiot. Now that I think about it, I have no idea. I'll have to update tonight.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by 5spd99seL
I have not seen a change A/F ratio with the WBO2 or duration using the datalogger. I am not sure about the board version i have i will check later. I have everthing set to duration so maybe swiching to duty cycle will help.
That shouldn't matter.

Can you post your jumper settings? IIRC on the newer boards there's an extra jumper that does a similar thing to the add/trim jumper... (trying to remember a conversation I had with Greddy a while ago...)
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Since you have a '99, pin 44 needs to be changed to pin 46. Did you do this?

Taken from here........

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....9537&highlight

Old 01-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Oh! I did not see that 99's need pin 46 for the crank ref. that explains the check engine codes. Hopefully I did not damage anything. I am going to change the pin location and see where I end up.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2008, 02:34 PM

The wiring pins are fixed and my check engine codes are gone.
I still cannot remove fuel from the injection map. I have a version B circuit board and called Greddy about the problem.
Greddy sugested I try and first use the software 2.0 and also said to buy the injector harness to be able to remove fuel. I was under the impression that I have all the harnesses that I need with the 12pin 18pin and 14pin connectors or am i wrong?
Old 01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
No more Maximas...

Are you not using the latest software? Try updating, see if you can do it then.

Just checked, and the EU is set to duration here. Removing/adding fuel works just as expected.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Great to hear.

I still cannot remove fuel from the injection map. I have a version B circuit board and called Greddy about the problem.
Greddy sugested I try and first use the software 2.0 and also said to buy the injector harness to be able to remove fuel. I was under the impression that I have all the harnesses that I need with the 12pin 18pin and 14pin connectors or am i wrong?
Your impression is correct; you have all the harnesses you need. Update the software on both the EU and your laptop, and see if that helps.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM

I have tried with versions 2.12 and now with 2.16. Per Greddy I am going to go to 2.00 because that is the last version that is said to be bug free. I have checked the jumpers three times and JP1 - JP6 are set to open and JP18 is open as well.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
3.5 in the works

That should be all you need. Try rolling back to the original CD version on both the software and firmware, then re-update back. Software first, then firmware, and make sure they match.

BTW, if you used my writeup maybe you had an old version? I updated it at the time James did his install to include the note about the crank pin on 99's...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:58 PM

So I completely reinstalled everything and even re did my settings following DandyMax new writeup. The same problem is still happening. Fuel can be added and the results can be seen in the A/F ratio and the duration of the output for the injectors, but when i add a minus sign in front, the duration remains unchanged.

The other thing I noticed when data logging was when looking at the injector adjustment map it shows a crazy high pulse width, like 41 ms, when going through a cell that has a negative value. I know that it is not correct becaue the A/F ratio is the same as when the map was set to zero adjustment.

I have a hard time believing that it could be related to wiring considering it seems to function fine during everthing except subtracting fuel, and the strange reading on the adjustment map makes me think there is something wrong with the unit, Unlikely?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
3.5 in the works

Never know... might be bad, did you buy it new or used?

Silly question but you did intercept the injector lines, right, not just tap them?

If the wiring, jumpers, software/firmware update etc is all good then you'll probably have to contact Greddy and get the unit tested/replaced.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 AM

Yeah the injectors are intercepted and I have checked to ensure that the inputs and outputs are in the correct orientation.

I purchased the unit new from a authorized dealer, but this is my second one. The first was warranted out right after i bought it. The problem with the first unit was diagnosed by Greddy as defective and a new unit was to be sent out by the dealer.
The one that I received was the last one in stock and seemed to have been handled prior to me. The case is dinged up and the box looked like hell. This unit was sent to me in a hurry so maybe I received a broken one by mistake. Also It seems strange that I just bought it and the circuit board is fairly old.

Diagnosing this problem is very difficult because this is my second unit that is defective and that is very hard to believe. But, the first unit was damaged and not Greddy's fault. This unit physically seems to be damaged and tampered with..... When I looked at the circuit bored it was very dusty like it had been sitting out for a while. Who knows I am going to call them and see what they suggest. And hopefully I will get a brand new one this time. I was told that a new shipment from Japan would be here January 28th.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
3.5 in the works

That definitely sounds suspicious... hate to say it but you mighta got screwed twice. A newer EU should be board version E or at least D... Mine is a B, and I bought it back in the summer of 2005!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:47 AM

Well I finally was able to get it to work. But I am getting a new one sent to me once they get in stock.

I have no idea why this works, but all I had to do is change everything to duty cycle. Now I can add and subtract fuel perfectly. So I was suprised but we will see when i get my new one if it is has to be set the same way.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
3.5 in the works

Well I finally was able to get it to work. But I am getting a new one sent to me once they get in stock.

I have no idea why this works, but all I had to do is change everything to duty cycle. Now I can add and subtract fuel perfectly. So I was suprised but we will see when i get my new one if it is has to be set the same way.
PW or DC shouldn't matter.. it works for both (or should). If it's still the same way with the new unit then tell Greddy they've got a bug in their firmware/software.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:57 AM

hate to bump a older thread but this totally relates to my problems on the EU. and i dont want to make a new thread so.........

Pretty much when im using i\j adjustment map with the duration it wont work but when im using dc it will work. when i have the auto tune working it will only adjust in dc and not in duration. i bought my EU brand new off mohdparts.com and it is version E. i have all my updates current. I did see dandymax mention a extra jumper on the newer models. the manuel doesnt even account for it. its like its non-exsistent. so i have no clue what it is for. so if someone can elighten me on these problems that i am having it would be very appricative.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:24 AM

I am exhuming this thread, but only because of its relevance.

I am having a similar issue with my Emanage rev. E. Using duration and the I/J map, I am able to add and subtract fuel. I know this because I see my AFR change. However, the log shows that the input and output injector pulse times are identical. I have software version 2.20 on both the laptop and the main unit, which came on my CD. I also noticed that the auto tune function did nothing, and I have been using duration the entire time. I've almost got a nice, flat AFR line in the low 13's, but the problem with the duration setting is annoying.

How many others out there are seeing this problem, and has there ever been a solution found?