All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

5.7 gen datalogging wideband

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 PM

5.7 gen datalogging wideband

I am working on my 5.7 motor swap and am looking at wideband options for when I do more bolt-ons. I don't intend to use a piggyback (ECU reflash instead) so I am investigating my options. I have read quite a bit and I understand the principles behind tubing but I'm not experienced. I need to be able to log; RPM, AFR, timing advance. I think it would also be beneficial to be able to see injector duty, MAF, IAT, TPS, load, VSS, APP and maybe cam timing.

At the top of my list are:

AEM X-Series OBDII with Android app. $225 single

Zeitronixs ZT-2 with nDash (also OBDII). $799 single

iDash by 14point7. Cheapest 2 bank option but data logging looks cumbersome and would require splicing. $299 ($399 dual)

Wondering what others think. At this point I don't intend to permanently install a gauge anywhere in the car so aesthetics aren't really a consideration. My only other concern is I am not sure which PIDs the 5.5 ECU supports, I guess I should throw a battery in the car (no motor ATM) and find out.

Edited with prices and more specific Zeitronix option. It looks like AEM is a winner at this point.

Last edited by freezer; 05-27-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:04 PM

Someone correct me if I am wrong....

NissanDataScanII - About $60 If I remember correctly
Innovate LC-2 wideband - $155
USB to serial adapter for LC-2 to NDSII - $12 (One with FTDI chip)
Cheap OBDII to USB cable - $10 (If you are reflashing the ECU yourself then you already have this)

You can log everything to NDSII on a laptop and not have to bother with the wideband gauge if you wish. Might not be what you're looking for, but its another option.

Last edited by T00Lbox; 06-08-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by T00Lbox
NissanDataScanII - About $60 If I remember correctly
Innovate LC-2 wideband - $155
USB to serial adapter for LC-2 to NDSII - $12 (One with FTDI chip)
Cheap OBDII to USB cable - $10 (If you are reflashing the ECU yourself then you already have this)

You can log everything to NDSII on a laptop and not have to bother with the wideband gauge if you wish. Might not be what you're looking for, but its another option.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this and am going to test it out too!

I hooked up power to my ECU (still not ready to put my motor in) and checked the PIDs available via Torque. I'm rather pleased, the only items I don't see which I was hoping to are APP and IVT advance. Tomorrow I think I'll play around with some data logging in my truck to see what kind of resolution is possible. Looking like AEM will be my choice.
Attached Thumbnails 5.7 gen datalogging wideband-screenshot_20170614-210836.png  

Last edited by freezer; 06-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.