Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

I need help finding Sony Mobile ES cassette playing headunits >>

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 09:41 AM

I need help finding Sony Mobile ES cassette playing headunits >>

I know most of you scoff at Sony car audio equipment, so please cut me some slack.

I'm in the market for a headunit from Sony...but I would REALLY like it to be one of the Mobile ES line. I want a cassette player because I already have a CD changer, and I still listen to a lot of my old tapes. Is there an online site or real-life vendor that someone can refer me to that carries Mobile ES headunits?

Much thanks
AL
Old 07-22-2002, 10:28 AM

Good luck. Sony no longer has an ES lineup.

Stereodude
Old 07-22-2002, 11:18 AM

Yes, I realize that... >>

Originally posted by Stereodude
Good luck. Sony no longer has an ES lineup.

Stereodude
But, what I'm looking for is a source that may still have some units lying around in stock.

Thanks
AL
Old 07-22-2002, 11:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I found this Hope this helps
Old 07-22-2002, 12:52 PM

Re: Yes, I realize that... >>

Originally posted by Albertt
But, what I'm looking for is a source that may still have some units lying around in stock.

Thanks
AL
Try your local Sony outlet store (if you have one). They have some sweet deals on refurb stuff.

Stereodude
Old 07-22-2002, 04:32 PM
jmax

I think I picked up one of the last good ES tape decks over two years ago. Crutchfield purchased a huge quantity of the items and sold them at about half price. You could check their outlet and refurbished section to see if they still have a few. As for current makers of good tape decks, Eclipse had a decent unit listed a few months ago. But I havn't been looking hard, so a few more may have surfaced.

Old 07-24-2002, 05:18 AM

Anymore suggestions? >>

AltiMAX: OnlineCarStereo doesn't have any. They, and at least 4 other sites show certain models of Sony cassette player, but when you call, they all tell you that they are on backorder.

Stereodude: I'll do a search for Sony outlet stores...

Jmax: I looked at Crutchfield's site...but I couldn't find an outlet/refurb section...can you point it out?

Thanks fellas...
Old 07-24-2002, 08:44 AM

Re: Anymore suggestions? >>

AltiMAX: OnlineCarStereo doesn't have any. They, and at least 4 other sites show certain models of Sony cassette player, but when you call, they all tell you that they are on backorder.

Stereodude: I'll do a search for Sony outlet stores...

Jmax: I looked at Crutchfield's site...but I couldn't find an outlet/refurb section...can you point it out?

Thanks fellas...
I would e-mail "Pearl96Max" at MyPearlTPI@aol.com the newer model "ES" deck would be XR-CA610X. He may have something for you, and I believe everything he sells comes with the warranty.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:57 AM

AltiMAX >>

Originally posted by AltiMAX

I would e-mail "Pearl96Max" at MyPearlTPI@aol.com the newer model "ES" deck would be XR-CA610X. He may have something for you, and I believe everything he sells comes with the warranty.
Is he some kind of dealer? Or are these refurbs?

The 610X is the one I wanted...but i'd settle for even the older non-Xplod ES cassette players...

I'll drop him an e-mail...thanks
AL
Old 07-24-2002, 10:29 AM

Re: I need help finding Sony Mobile ES cassette playing headunits >>

I know most of you scoff at Sony car audio equipment, so please cut me some slack.

I'm in the market for a headunit from Sony...but I would REALLY like it to be one of the Mobile ES line. I want a cassette player because I already have a CD changer, and I still listen to a lot of my old tapes. Is there an online site or real-life vendor that someone can refer me to that carries Mobile ES headunits?

Much thanks
AL
I have an XR-C900 Mobile ES cassette deck w/ cd changer controls, im looking to get rid of. In great condition, no built in amp, just 3 sets of pre amps on the deck, this was sony's top of the line casette deck at the time.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:21 AM

Quiksand: Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to buy a used unit >>

Originally posted by quiksand

I have an XR-C500 Mobile ES cassette deck w/ cd changer controls, im looking to get rid of. In great condition, no built in amp, just 3 sets of pre amps on the deck, this was sony's top of the line casette deck at the time.
I'm ok with a factory refurb unit only if it comes with a warrantee...but I'd like it to be new.

Thanks again...
AL
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 PM

He's actually a dealer/installer with his own business based out of NJ. He's posts quite frequently in this forum, and has great deals on the products he sells.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:25 PM
jmax

The deck I have is the XR-C900. But here is the link to the specials/scratch & Dent section: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-POEBr4cdZhX/save/

Old 07-24-2002, 02:34 PM

Re: Quiksand: Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to buy a used unit >>

I'm ok with a factory refurb unit only if it comes with a warrantee...but I'd like it to be new.

Thanks again...
AL
No problem. Just letting you know that I had one if you can't find any.