Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

If U Want Sick Deals This Is For U

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 04:35 PM

If U Want Sick Deals This Is For U

How ebayers do it...

ever wonder how ebay prices are so low, well heres the sites they buy from

http://www.audiodiscounters.com
and
http://www.crockertronic.com

enjoy!
Old 10-09-2002, 04:53 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

They are pretty cheap, but not that much....ie: I just sold a
JL 1000/1 amp for $690, they have it up for $799. And yes I am authorized and they are NOT.

--Don
Old 10-09-2002, 05:12 PM

sorry Don,

check out the crocks price on w7 tho
Old 10-09-2002, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by ThumpinMaxima
sorry Don,check out the crocks price on w7 tho

Wow , not bad at all. I still sell em at $500 though !

BTW no need for apologies..I HATE internet stores though...I get these whiney little brats all day long with...

"well I saw it online for ......"

OMG I want to rip their mouth off !
Old 10-09-2002, 05:39 PM

to b honest, i was searchin through ebay, and some kid posted these sites as his auction, cause he said ppl were rippin others off, so he said heres the sites, so i figured id share, but obviously, u are the man!!!! I shoulda known...you got hookups in clarion, im interested in their top of the line mobile video unit, um the...vrx925vd

i wont be buyin for a couple monthes, but i needa price around, to see what i gotta raise up!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 05:58 PM

to b honest, i was searchin through ebay, and some kid posted these sites as his auction, cause he said ppl were rippin others off, so he said heres the sites, so i figured id share, but obviously, u are the man!!!! I shoulda known...you got hookups in clarion, im interested in their top of the line mobile video unit, um the...vrx925vd

i wont be buyin for a couple monthes, but i needa price around, to see what i gotta raise up!!!
Somewhere around 1500. The price will flucuate with the season, as well as depreciation as it gets a little older.

--Don
Old 10-09-2002, 06:25 PM

is it a good piece, or should i look into the kenwood excellon 911...to let you know what im looking into doing, around nov-dec time...

Get a motorized screen, hook it up to my Alpine deck ''92...put ps2 in my glovebox...i want to have the option of having sound from the screen for DVDS, but also want the option...of playing music while playing a ps2 game...I hope this is making sense... :-/ should i bother getting a screen that plays dvds if im putting a ps2 in...or should i just look at like an alpine, that is just the screen...
Old 10-09-2002, 06:37 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

Wow , not bad at all. I still sell em at $500 though !

BTW no need for apologies..I HATE internet stores though...I get these whiney little brats all day long with...

"well I saw it online for ......"

OMG I want to rip their mouth off !
ME TOO!
Old 10-09-2002, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by maximadave

ME TOO!
Always good to have another guy on the Biz have compassion for these problems...

Now if the girl in your sig pic would have compassion for something else over here...

--Don
Old 10-09-2002, 06:49 PM

don, did u skip over my message and just read daves :-P no hurry but i reply when ya can, just makin sure u didnt miss it
Old 10-09-2002, 07:22 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Always good to have another guy on the Biz have compassion for these problems...

Now if the girl in your sig pic would have compassion for something else over here...

--Don
all you have to do Don is paint a pic for the customer i.e. service, warranty, etc and that usually shuts them up There are some dealers in my area that like to "low ball" everyone else in town and customers bring in their bid and expect me to beat it
Old 10-09-2002, 09:17 PM

Somewhere around 1500. The price will flucuate with the season, as well as depreciation as it gets a little older.--Don

No need to flame, this is all business, you know. I am sure that you are shopping around whenever stuff. It is like accusing ppl of trying to save their hard-earned dollars.

My .02
Old 10-09-2002, 11:01 PM

What's the best price on the following components? This is what I plan to put in my infinit:

Apline AVH-P7490DVD head unit
MB Quart QM 218.61Q (for front)
Rockford Fosgate FNQ3614 (for rear)
Phoenix Gold ZX500 (speaker amp)
JL 13.5" W7 (lots of bass)
JL 1000/1 (amp for sub)

Can someone tell me the best prices on these?
Old 10-10-2002, 05:14 AM

Originally posted by 2000I30
What's the best price on the following components? This is what I plan to put in my infinit:

Apline AVH-P7490DVD head unit
MB Quart QM 218.61Q (for front)
Rockford Fosgate FNQ3614 (for rear)
Phoenix Gold ZX500 (speaker amp)
JL 13.5" W7 (lots of bass)
JL 1000/1 (amp for sub)

Can someone tell me the best prices on these?
MBQ,RF....

But email me for prices anyway

--Don
Old 10-10-2002, 05:16 AM

is it a good piece, or should i look into the kenwood excellon 911...to let you know what im looking into doing, around nov-dec time...

Get a motorized screen, hook it up to my Alpine deck ''92...put ps2 in my glovebox...i want to have the option of having sound from the screen for DVDS, but also want the option...of playing music while playing a ps2 game...I hope this is making sense... :-/ should i bother getting a screen that plays dvds if im putting a ps2 in...or should i just look at like an alpine, that is just the screen...
If you have a HU already, then all you need is the monitor. Buying an indash DVD player is strictly up to and the money you wish to spend. When I had the setup in my wifes Explorer, we used PS2 only. It is a little less conveinent, but saves money.

--Don
Old 10-10-2002, 05:21 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R

No need to flame, this is all business, you know. I am sure that you are shopping around whenever stuff. It is like accusing ppl of trying to save their hard-earned dollars.

My .02
It is not flaming anyone. But I get customers all the time with problems with things they bought online, and they expect me to help them. I cant. If they didnt buy it from me, then I dont know where it came from. I also just like to inform them ahead of time that they will have no warranty, nor a guarantee thet it is genuine equipment.

Of course people want to save money, but why take shortcuts? If you want to shop around it is fine. Someone comes to me with a price from a competitor, I will try my best to match it, if I cant, then at least they are still getting something legit.

--Don
Old 10-10-2002, 07:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Pearl93Max
Where are you from? I live in NJ and I am looking to get some equipment for my 2k3 Max soon. What do you think about the JL Audio amps compared to the Viper (DEI) amps, CLASS D's.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by Dohcser
Pearl93Max
Where are you from? I live in NJ and I am looking to get some equipment for my 2k3 Max soon. What do you think about the JL Audio amps compared to the Viper (DEI) amps, CLASS D's.
Im in Edison (central) Jersey. I havent dealt enough with the DEI amps to really compare them. But I do know that both of them are excellent amps.

--Don
Old 10-10-2002, 09:14 AM

Ah yes... The favorite tactics of brick and mortar retailers. FUD

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt

If you can't beat them on price make up stories about warranties and the authenticity of the goods. We aren't talking about Rolex's here. You can't exactly just make fake headunits and other electronics. Generally speaking the warranty/authorized retailer jazz is BS too. The FTC has some nice regulations about warranties. I've read quite a few warranty cards for products the maker's website claimed weren't covered. The products are still covered despite what the website says. Their website is just trying to do their "authorized" dealers a favor. Unless the warranty card specifically says that only products purchased at an "authorized" dealer are covered by the warranty, then they have to honor the warranty regardless of where you bought it. They have to honor what's printed on the card.

Stereodude
Old 10-10-2002, 09:23 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by Stereodude
Ah yes... The favorite tactics of brick and mortar retailers. FUD

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt

If you can't beat them on price make up stories about warranties and the authenticity of the goods. We aren't talking about Rolex's here. You can't exactly just make fake headunits and other electronics. Generally speaking the warranty/authorized retailer jazz is BS too. The FTC has some nice regulations about warranties. I've read quite a few warranty cards for products the maker's website claimed weren't covered. The products are still covered despite what the website says. Their website is just trying to do their "authorized" dealers a favor. Unless the warranty card specifically says that only products purchased at an "authorized" dealer are covered by the warranty, then they have to honor the warranty regardless of where you bought it. They have to honor what's printed on the card.

Stereodude
just some info on JL's website

Purchasing JL AUDIO Products via the Internet

With e-commerce expanding like wildfire, we get many requests asking if JL AUDIO products are available for purchase via the Internet. The short answer is yes, but these Internet retailers are not authorized, endorsed or guaranteed by JL AUDIO.

As a company, we put a tremendous amount of effort into training our authorized dealers to provide you, the end-user, with valuable advice and installation expertise. With automotive speaker systems, the importance of quality system design and installation is paramount. For that reason, we do not believe that Internet retailers can provide the level of service we feel our customers deserve and we do NOT authorize any dealer to sell product via Internet or Mail Order.

JL AUDIO products purchased from unauthorized sources carry no warranty from JL AUDIO, regardless of any claims made by the seller. We have no way of determining whether these products are used, refurbished, counterfeit, stolen or otherwise compromised. Furthermore, many unscrupulous retailers attempt to remove factory serial numbers in order to avoid detection. In the process, the speaker's ability to reliably reproduce sound is often destroyed.

As a customer, you should value the opportunity to audition products and receive face-to-face service from people who will be there for you after the sale. For that reason, we encourage you to support your local, authorized bricks and mortar JL AUDIO retailer. They have made a commitment to personal service and selection that no Internet retailer can match.

Look for the Authorized JL AUDIO Dealer plaque at your dealer
Old 10-10-2002, 09:43 AM

just some info on JL's website

Purchasing JL AUDIO Products via the Internet

With e-commerce expanding like wildfire, we get many requests asking if JL AUDIO products are available for purchase via the Internet. The short answer is yes, but these Internet retailers are not authorized, endorsed or guaranteed by JL AUDIO.

As a company, we put a tremendous amount of effort into training our authorized dealers to provide you, the end-user, with valuable advice and installation expertise. With automotive speaker systems, the importance of quality system design and installation is paramount. For that reason, we do not believe that Internet retailers can provide the level of service we feel our customers deserve and we do NOT authorize any dealer to sell product via Internet or Mail Order.

JL AUDIO products purchased from unauthorized sources carry no warranty from JL AUDIO, regardless of any claims made by the seller. We have no way of determining whether these products are used, refurbished, counterfeit, stolen or otherwise compromised. Furthermore, many unscrupulous retailers attempt to remove factory serial numbers in order to avoid detection. In the process, the speaker's ability to reliably reproduce sound is often destroyed.

As a customer, you should value the opportunity to audition products and receive face-to-face service from people who will be there for you after the sale. For that reason, we encourage you to support your local, authorized bricks and mortar JL AUDIO retailer. They have made a commitment to personal service and selection that no Internet retailer can match.

Look for the Authorized JL AUDIO Dealer plaque at your dealer
Reads like FUD to me. I haven't seen the warranty card for a JL product, but unless it has all the same verbage on it saying "Authorized only" they're blowing smoke. They have to honor what's on the card. So far I've found that the makers who say "we won't honor it" on their website don't put it on their warranty cards which means they have to honor the warranty.

Stereodude
Old 10-10-2002, 11:11 AM

Reads like FUD to me. I haven't seen the warranty card for a JL product, but unless it has all the same verbage on it saying "Authorized only" they're blowing smoke. They have to honor what's on the card. So far I've found that the makers who say "we won't honor it" on their website don't put it on their warranty cards which means they have to honor the warranty.

Stereodude
They do NOT have to honor. It explicity says on the website that they do accept this from of sales. This is the sole purpose of serial numbers on products. This allows them to trace where the product originated from. Also...a sales receipt is required when warranty is used. If this is from a website...well then you have already been warned. Most manufacturers also extend the warranty as long as it was bought and installed by an authorized dealer. You cannot get this from online sales.

BS as to non genuine equiptment??? Check again..
Counterfeiting.... Did you know that in 2000, consumers lost billions at the hands of fraudulent retailers and electronic retailers either offering products they either didn't have or selling knockoffs?

There are FAKES believe it or not. Most speakers,amps, etc.are manufacturered by a handful of companies. The logos are then presented and sold as that brand. Very easy to copy.

Security...Do you know how long this online business will bethere? Do you ever see/meet the people? Get a feel for them? NO All you get is to type on a computer and wait for UPS to show up.

--Don

BTW If you wish to buy from internet sites...feel free. No one will hat you for it. Just dont complain about it if/when something goes wrong
Old 10-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Im in Edison (central) Jersey. I havent dealt enough with the DEI amps to really compare them. But I do know that both of them are excellent amps.

--Don
So you have a shop? What would you recommend for Subs, i like the RF Power HX2's, I was not impressed by the JL W7's.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Dohcser

So you have a shop? What would you recommend for Subs, i like the RF Power HX2's, I was not impressed by the JL W7's.
Diamond Audio...

http://diamondaudio.com/

--Don
Old 10-10-2002, 12:59 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

They do NOT have to honor. It explicity says on the website that they do accept this from of sales. This is the sole purpose of serial numbers on products. This allows them to trace where the product originated from. Also...a sales receipt is required when warranty is used. If this is from a website...well then you have already been warned. Most manufacturers also extend the warranty as long as it was bought and installed by an authorized dealer. You cannot get this from online sales.

Counterfeiting.... Did you know that in 2000, consumers lost billions at the hands of fraudulent retailers and electronic retailers either offering products they either didn't have or selling knockoffs?

There are FAKES believe it or not. Most speakers,amps, etc.are manufacturered by a handful of companies. The logos are then presented and sold as that brand. Very easy to copy.

Security...Do you know how long this online business will bethere? Do you ever see/meet the people? Get a feel for them? NO All you get is to type on a computer and wait for UPS to show up.

--Don

BTW If you wish to buy from internet sites...feel free. No one will hat you for it. Just dont complain about it if/when something goes wrong
Well said Don...
Old 10-10-2002, 01:02 PM

--Don

I will say it again. They are legally bound by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and other federal laws to honor what's on the card. What is on their website is irrelevant. All that matters is what's on the warranty card that's sold with the product. They must honor the terms and conditions that are set forth in that document as it is legally binding.

Stereodude
Old 10-10-2002, 01:10 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I will say it again. They are legally bound by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and other federal laws to honor what's on the card. What is on their website is irrelevant. All that matters is what's on the warranty card that's sold with the product. They must honor the terms and conditions that are set forth in that document as it is legally binding.

Stereodude
Most manufactuers have this on their warranty card.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:17 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Stated on Eclipse's warranty card

Why must I register my Eclipse product?

A: Registration for Eclipse product is important for two (2) reasons.

1) Most products are eligible for an extended two (2) year limited warranty if purchased from and installed by an Authorized Eclipse retailer.

2) ESN coverage is also provided for head units if registered and purchased from and installed by an Authorized Eclipse Retailer.

By registering your product upon purchase, you can obtain these additional benefits. If your product is not registered within fourteen (14) days of purchase, you will not be able to obtain these additional benefits.

Just my .02c
Old 10-10-2002, 01:25 PM

1) Most products are eligible for an extended two (2) year limited warranty if purchased from and installed by an Authorized Eclipse retailer.

2) ESN coverage is also provided for head units if registered and purchased from and installed by an Authorized Eclipse Retailer.

By registering your product upon purchase, you can obtain these additional benefits. If your product is not registered within fourteen (14) days of purchase, you will not be able to obtain these additional benefits.

Hehehe I forgot all about ESN.

But furthermore, yes most companies do state on the warranty card that it must have been bought from an authorized dealer. Where is the authorization on the net??? How are they still bound by law with this stipulation included in writing?? They do not have to specify " not to be sold online" They just have to print "from an Authorized dealer only". This covers ALL bases fo them.

--Don

Just my .02c
Old 10-10-2002, 04:53 PM

Just my .02c
See... it's on the card. They can do that. Some other makers with similar "policies" do not have that kind of stuff on the card. They can not however legally force you to send in the card in order to honor the warranty. They have some slippery and misleading verbage on it though. Shoot that warranty is cookie cutter'd to make their retailers rich by trying to discourage people from installing it themself or buying it from a non authorized retailer.

Personally, I won't buy things from companies that have such non favorable terms. I can do a better job of installing my stuff for a whole lot less than any shop is going to do. It's my car and I take a lot of pride in doing stuff myself. The goons at Best Buy and the like are less qualified than I am, and they're sure as heck not going to do as good of a job. I realize that smaller shops will do a better job than BB, but they cost 5 arms and 3 legs instead of just an arm and a leg like BB. I don't want the people who install my stuff to steal it back either.

Either way I'm voting with my dollars not to support their warranty practices.

Stereodude