Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Aftermarket Antenna Adapter for use with old power antenna cable

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 04:34 PM

Aftermarket Antenna Adapter for use with old power antenna cable

My power antenna broke and I wanted to replace it with an aftermarket antenna I have. Mounting is no problem, but I do have a problem with the connections in the rear fender wall.

The Nissan Factory Power Antenna cable in the rear fender wall is a small Female looking connector. it almost looks like the size of cable that will plug into it is similiar to the center pin on a coaxial cable. this makes sense, because when i look at the stock power antenna, it has a small male pin inside of it's housing to plug into the cable. My aftermarket antenna is a standard Motorala Male end. The two will not mate up. I have searched and search and spoken to crutchfield, with now luck.

i suppose I could do some splicing, but I thought I would get some advice from the gang. thanks in advance
Old 11-01-2002, 12:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not sure if there is such and adaptor. You could check out Scosche as they have lotsa adaptors.
If your antenna assembly still works, I'd like to take it off your hands (it's just that mast is broken, right?) Shoot me an email.
Jae