Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Multiple Line Output Converters

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 06:30 AM

Multiple Line Output Converters

Is it neccessary to have more than one line output converter. I'm currently planning on hooking up my 5-Channel Alpine V12 amp to my 5th Gen Non-Bose HU. I was concerned that if I play CD's that divide different sound front to back but I only have my Amp amplifying sound from the rear speaker outputs, that I would lose the sound sent to the factory front speaker outputs. Would hooking up 2 line output converters solve this problem, or would this be redundant. I also just bought one line out put converter. It has 5 wires. Four of these wires are obviously the speaker wires, but I don't know what the fourth is. Is this a power wire to help "pre-amp" the signal, or is this a ground wire? Any help and/or advise is appreciated.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Multiple Line Output Converters

Originally posted by TallB'00SE
Is it neccessary to have more than one line output converter. I'm currently planning on hooking up my 5-Channel Alpine V12 amp to my 5th Gen Non-Bose HU. I was concerned that if I play CD's that divide different sound front to back but I only have my Amp amplifying sound from the rear speaker outputs, that I would lose the sound sent to the factory front speaker outputs. Would hooking up 2 line output converters solve this problem, or would this be redundant. I also just bought one line out put converter. It has 5 wires. Four of these wires are obviously the speaker wires, but I don't know what the fourth is. Is this a power wire to help "pre-amp" the signal, or is this a ground wire? Any help and/or advise is appreciated.
Your amp has two sets of RCA inputs right (4 plugs)? And your 1 line output converter has 2 RCA outputs right(2 plugs)? I sugguest you go buy another line output converter and use one for the front and one for the rear. That's what I did. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:12 AM

Line Output Converters

I am still trying to find out what the 5th speaker-type wire coming out of my line level converter is. I understand the four wires to tap into the speaker wires, and I understand the RCA outs to go to my amp. However, I'm still confused what the fifth wire is. Power, Ground, Remote Power, etc.? Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Line Output Converters

It is a ground wire. What model adapter do you have?

Originally posted by TallB'00SE
I am still trying to find out what the 5th speaker-type wire coming out of my line level converter is. I understand the four wires to tap into the speaker wires, and I understand the RCA outs to go to my amp. However, I'm still confused what the fifth wire is. Power, Ground, Remote Power, etc.? Any help is appreciated.