Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

For those w/aftermarket components

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 07:54 PM

For those w/aftermarket components

Where did you mount your 1" tweeter? The stock position in the a-pillar is way too thin and can't fit the depth of an aftermarket tweeter. I guess I can put it in the door panel next to the door and window locks, but that would require ripping through my leather. The black triangle between the window, door panel, and a-pillar seems too small also. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-29-2002, 03:16 PM

Bump.. I *know* a lot of you have nice systems, I hope you know where your tweeters are mounted I need to do this within the week, or else it's another 15 hour car ride (repeat of 2 weeks ago) with no music!
Old 12-29-2002, 03:49 PM

Took the gxe a piller with no tweeter and custom mounted it there, firieing across ina different angle and height.

But most put it in the mirror cover that you refered to, it's simple to do just need a hole saw. You can also custom coax mount it over the mid or refit the stock a piller spot to make it fit.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:53 PM

I have the JL Audio XR650-CSi Components, and my tweeter fit perfectly in the OEM opening. I have a '97 Maxima SE w/ Bose Audio System, and the OEM tweeter is located next to the door handle on the door panel. I even used the OEM grille over the tweeter.

Hope this helps,
-Nick
Old 12-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My Focal tweeters fit exactly in the A-Pillar, according to the stereo shop, muhaahahaha. Seems like everone on this board installed their own stuff, not me, I just pay to have it done!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:17 AM
pjalst

Re: For those w/aftermarket components

Originally posted by Parsec
Where did you mount your 1" tweeter? The stock position in the a-pillar is way too thin and can't fit the depth of an aftermarket tweeter. I guess I can put it in the door panel next to the door and window locks, but that would require ripping through my leather. The black triangle between the window, door panel, and a-pillar seems too small also. Any other suggestions?
Here's a pic of my mount http://members.aol.com/pjalst/images/tweetinstall.jpg , I took off the door panel and used a Dremmel tool to cut the hole. Just be careful not to make the hole too big or you'll have to buy a new panel. If I ever decide to sell my car, I can remove my focals and fill the hole with cheap tweeters

Old 12-30-2002, 09:34 AM

Aight, so I guess most of you either tapped into a gxe pillar or the door panel. Thanx guys. I'll see if I have time to do this today after I finish my trunk floor.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:17 PM

same here...but mine is in that triangle thing...looks real good
good luck

Originally posted by adamlee2001GXE
My Focal tweeters fit exactly in the A-Pillar, according to the stereo shop, muhaahahaha. Seems like everone on this board installed their own stuff, not me, I just pay to have it done!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by vsmax
same here...but mine is in that triangle thing...looks real good
good luck

I ended up mounting it in the leather door panel, right next to the door handle. It looked like a really close fit in the triangle thing, so I didn't try it in case it wasn't deep enough. Thanks for the advice guys.