Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

fuse keeps on blowing

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 04:08 PM

fuse keeps on blowing

i need some help. after installing my stereo, my "electrical parts" fuse keeps on blowing. i know the installer did a good job because he is related to me and he has done installs for over 16 years. after the 7.5 fuse blows, my alarm, clock, and radio do not function at alls. would replacing this fuse with a 10 fuse fix this problem? i have had 2 fuses blow already within a month and i dont want it happening again. thanks to all who reply.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:12 PM

Re: fuse keeps on blowing

Originally posted by viet_racer22
i need some help. after installing my stereo, my "electrical parts" fuse keeps on blowing. i know the installer did a good job because he is related to me and he has done installs for over 16 years. after the 7.5 fuse blows, my alarm, clock, and radio do not function at alls. would replacing this fuse with a 10 fuse fix this problem? i have had 2 fuses blow already within a month and i dont want it happening again. thanks to all who reply.
If you have access to a multi-meter, see if the circuit is shorted some where. There may be an exposed wire somewhere shortening out the circuit. Also, if you have access to a Hayne's manual, the wiring scheme will outline all the accessories connecting to the same circuit. I would also check all these accessories in line within the circuit, since they are all usually "daisy-chained" with each other.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Re: fuse keeps on blowing

Do not up the fuse until you find out what the real problem is. A wire probably came loose and is shorting out.

Originally posted by viet_racer22