Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

99 SE-L Bose HU ate a cd and won't give it back

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 10:39 AM

99 SE-L Bose HU ate a cd and won't give it back

I have a 99 SE-L and the Bose head unit has a cd and will not even attempt to spit it out. One time in the past it would not eject a cd fully and I slid a knife in there and jiggled the cd and then it came out. But this time it just keeps on playing the cd and will not even acknowledge that you have pushed the eject button. I looked on the Bose website to see if I can get any technical info because I know someone that is fairly handy in electronics and might be able to repair the unit but I was unsuccessful in finding the tech info. Has anyone here had the same problems with their Bose HU and if so what was the remedy. I know these Bose units have their share of faults but I would definitely like to salvage this one if it is not too costly. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Eric
Old 01-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

You should feed that unit more often so it's not so hungry.

Maybe it just really likes the music on that CD

Try to reset it by pulling the radio and memory fuses.

If all else fails, I sure hope you like the CD thats in there!
Old 01-29-2003, 10:50 AM

Thanks

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

Thanks for the reply. I will pull the unit this weekend to try that. Is there a manual eject button somewhere on the backside of the unit like a CD-Rom has with the paperclip deal. If the reset doesn't work there must be some way of getting the disc out such as the method of the cd-rom. I don't know but I guess I will find out this weekend. Thanks again.

Eric
Old 01-29-2003, 11:09 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

Old 01-29-2003, 11:36 AM

My Bose did this once, I just kept fooling with it and eventually it spit it out after a few startups and such. No problems since.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:43 AM

No luck so far.

I just called the Nisan dealer and they said that they never open one up and they just send it back to Bose and install a new one in the car being repaired. He referred me to the place I went to orginally. This place referred me to the dealer. So I don't know what to do. I will take it out and hopefully have some luck but who knows. I would just change the head unit to aftermarket but with these Bose speakers I guess that might be out of the question. I will have to use the SEARCH if I can't figure it out this weekend and see what I can do to use the Bose speakers with an aftermarket head unit. I know it can be done with some modifications. Thanks again folks for the input.

Eric
Old 01-29-2003, 12:27 PM

I had a problem like this with my 99 SE head unit. I found that if I pushed really hard on the eject button, AND HELD IT DOWN, the CD would come out after about 5 seconds. I had the thing replaced under warranty anyway, and they do just send them out and get replacements.