Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

mp3s from computer to car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2001, 10:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok, I'm kind of new to this mp3 thing. I used to have a slow *** 56k modem, so it was a headache to download mp3s. Now that I have ADSL, I can download mp3s really fast. So, how can I get my mp3s collection from my computer into a cd, so I can play it in my car? How do I transfer the mp3s from my harddrive into a cd? Do I need to buy a CD-R/CD-RW? I only have a DVD-ROM in my computer right now. If I do have to buy a CD-R/CD-RW, what kind that is out there that is the best bang for the buck? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2001, 03:30 PM
etbmw

Originally posted by Cumalot
Ok, I'm kind of new to this mp3 thing. I used to have a slow *** 56k modem, so it was a headache to download mp3s. Now that I have ADSL, I can download mp3s really fast. So, how can I get my mp3s collection from my computer into a cd, so I can play it in my car? How do I transfer the mp3s from my harddrive into a cd? Do I need to buy a CD-R/CD-RW? I only have a DVD-ROM in my computer right now. If I do have to buy a CD-R/CD-RW, what kind that is out there that is the best bang for the buck? Thanks!
A program like audio catalyst will turn MP3 into a wav file then you can burn CD's from them. CD burners are about S150 and up nowdays and blank CD's without a case are 20-30 cents.The Internal CD burner is pretty easy to install or if you're afraid to try that buy an external one that connects via USB and anyone can install that type. Beware of this there are 4X 6X 10X and more burners out there but few can make a CD that ALL CD players can accuratley read at more than half their maximum record speed.You can get a decent unit for under $200 and they all come with the software needed for making Data and Audio CD's

Old 01-09-2001, 08:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Cumalot

God... all this talk about burning CD's makes me sick to my tummy! I have wireless Ethernet .. so when the car is in the driveway it just shows up as a node on my home network. I just drop files into the car folder from my desktop machine in my home office and the files are copied to the car. So, next time I'm in the car all the MP3's are copied to the hard drive in the car.

/aac