Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

sorry for the double post it wont let me delete but ? is in here

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 07:15 PM

sorry for the double post it wont let me delete but ? is in here

i have a clarion multimedia deck. the dvd only works with the parking break on. is there a way to bypass this?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:21 PM

Re: sorry for the double post it wont let me delete but ? is in here

Originally posted by Unibomber
i have a clarion multimedia deck. the dvd only works with the parking break on. is there a way to bypass this?
nice name.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:17 PM

Whip out your manual and look up the install section. It will have a wire that goes to your computer or e-brake. You'll have to either ground it or give it power to fool it into thinking the e-brake is on at all times.

At least provide us with the model number and we can go find the manual on the Clarion site and try and figure it out for you.

BTW - you know it's against the law, right?
Old 03-05-2003, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
Whip out your manual and look up the install section. It will have a wire that goes to your computer or e-brake. You'll have to either ground it or give it power to fool it into thinking the e-brake is on at all times.

At least provide us with the model number and we can go find the manual on the Clarion site and try and figure it out for you.

BTW - you know it's against the law, right?
yeah i know its against the law :/ all the stuff we put into our cars is against the law..in ontario canada its against the law to lower your car (friend got a ticket for it) Steal me stickers or go faster stickers are illegal, loud exhaust are illegal, tvs are illegal unless for navi purposes.

its a clarion VRX925VD.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:51 AM

Originally posted by Unibomber

yeah i know its against the law :/ all the stuff we put into our cars is against the law..in ontario canada its against the law to lower your car (friend got a ticket for it) Steal me stickers or go faster stickers are illegal, loud exhaust are illegal, tvs are illegal unless for navi purposes.

its a clarion VRX925VD.
OK, here are your install instructions. Go to page 8. You have a bright green wire coming from the tuner/amp unit (not the head unit, but the hidden unit). You want to disconnect that bright green wire from the parking brake and simply ground it. Then your unit will always think the parking brake is on and will always allow you to use the screen.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT

OK, here are your install instructions. Go to page 8. You have a bright green wire coming from the tuner/amp unit (not the head unit, but the hidden unit). You want to disconnect that bright green wire from the parking brake and simply ground it. Then your unit will always think the parking brake is on and will always allow you to use the screen.
thanks a lot..i will go try this out now. its still winter here but its a semi warm day ROFL