Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

bose amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 05:58 PM

bose amp

does the bose amp on a 02 SE (in the trunk of car), power all the speakers or jus the subwoofer?
Old 04-14-2003, 09:02 PM

It powers all speakers except the sub. The sub has an amplifier built into the base of it.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by studman
It powers all speakers except the sub. The sub has an amplifier built into the base of it.
r u sure cuz i find that hard to believe,
Old 04-15-2003, 01:04 PM

Trust me on this one. Go into the trunk and unplug the Bose amp. All the connections will die. However, if you check the Bose sub connections, you'll find two of them is +12v, one is ground, and the other 2 are the signal. If the sub wasn't self powered, then why would it need 2 power signals? (One is always +12v, the other is the amp turn-on)
Old 04-15-2003, 02:08 PM

Trust me on this one. Go into the trunk and unplug the Bose amp. All the connections will die. However, if you check the Bose sub connections, you'll find two of them is +12v, one is ground, and the other 2 are the signal. If the sub wasn't self powered, then why would it need 2 power signals? (One is always +12v, the other is the amp turn-on)
so how would u connect the PAC. Do u have any pics on this? It would really help alot.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:58 PM

It connects behind the HU. You remove the factory connector from the HU and insert it into the PAC AOEM-NIS2. Then you insert the cable from the PAC AOEM-NIS2 into the factory HU. The PAC AOEM-NIS2 has an additional cable with 4 RCA output jacks on it that you use to hook up aftermarket subs/amps/etc. The PAC AOEM-NIS2 doesn't interrupt the signals coming from the factory HU to the factory amp, but it does "copy" them. I don't have a picture handy with me, but I've got access to a camera and the AOEM-NIS2 kit. I'll try to get some pictures posted up soon. You can view a simple diagram of the PAC AOEM-NIS2 kit at http://www.go2pac.com/oem1kits/oem1search.htm. The AOEM-NIS2 kit is the one on the top, and is designed to tap the factory signals for adding additional speakers and subs. The ROEM-NIS2 kit is the one on the bottom, and is designed to allow you to replace the factory HU, while keeping the factory amps and subs.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:14 PM

It connects behind the HU. You remove the factory connector from the HU and insert it into the PAC AOEM-NIS2. Then you insert the cable from the PAC AOEM-NIS2 into the factory HU. The PAC AOEM-NIS2 has an additional cable with 4 RCA output jacks on it that you use to hook up aftermarket subs/amps/etc. The PAC AOEM-NIS2 doesn't interrupt the signals coming from the factory HU to the factory amp, but it does "copy" them. I don't have a picture handy with me, but I've got access to a camera and the AOEM-NIS2 kit. I'll try to get some pictures posted up soon. You can view a simple diagram of the PAC AOEM-NIS2 kit at http://www.go2pac.com/oem1kits/oem1search.htm. The AOEM-NIS2 kit is the one on the top, and is designed to tap the factory signals for adding additional speakers and subs. The ROEM-NIS2 kit is the one on the bottom, and is designed to allow you to replace the factory HU, while keeping the factory amps and subs.
thx alot man , you've been more then helpful, i had thought that you put the pac in the trunk where the wires connect to the bose sub.