Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

replacing the bose but got a ? about some wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 04:08 PM

replacing the bose but got a ? about some wires

ok here we go, i'm replacing my bose speakers front and rear.how is the tweeter in the a pillar connected? is there wires running from the hu to them or are they connected to the speakers in the front doors and ran off that amp.basically all i want to do is hook up my new speakers and not have any sound coming from the tweeters in the a pillar as i do not want them taking power away from my other speakers.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:06 PM

Well I haven't picked up my Max yet so I haven't had the chance to rip all the audio out but my guess, and I stress guess, is that the amp is also a crossover for the tweeters. Again I say this is just my *guess* someone with actual experience will be of more help, but i'm pretty sure thats how it is. If i'm completrly wrong then I will stfu and go on my merry way
Old 05-18-2003, 02:35 PM

that was my guess, too.but again just a guess, guess i'll find out when i go to install everything but if someone knows please drop a line.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:09 PM

I'm rather curious about this now that you got me thinking, when ya find out(if noone posts an answer) let me know. Although i might be completly ripping out everything stock that involves the audio aspect of the car
Old 05-18-2003, 05:16 PM

Here's the answer for both Bose and non-Bose.

Bose: After leaving the amp, the wires spit in the dash behind the instrument cluster. There is no way to locate the exact split in the car, as the split happens inside the main cabin harness.

Non-Bose: Same as the Bose, but instead of the wires leaving from the amp, they leave directly from the HU. There is no way to locate the split here either.

If you're running components in the front and the crossover is in the door, then you'll need to run a wire between the door and the tweeters.

If you're running components in the front and the crossover is in the main cabin, you'll need to run a wire between the crossover and both the speaker and tweeter.

Either way, you'll be running a wire into the door.

Been there, done it, got a picture, t-shirt, water bottle, and a postcard.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:11 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Originally posted by studman
Here's the answer for both Bose and non-Bose.

Bose: After leaving the amp, the wires spit in the dash behind the instrument cluster. There is no way to locate the exact split in the car, as the split happens inside the main cabin harness.

Non-Bose: Same as the Bose, but instead of the wires leaving from the amp, they leave directly from the HU. There is no way to locate the split here either.

If you're running components in the front and the crossover is in the door, then you'll need to run a wire between the door and the tweeters.

If you're running components in the front and the crossover is in the main cabin, you'll need to run a wire between the crossover and both the speaker and tweeter.

Either way, you'll be running a wire into the door.

Been there, done it, got a picture, t-shirt, water bottle, and a postcard.
And I'm sure it was fun as hell for you eh? Was trying to do this today, but I found out (too late), that my speakers needed a baffle, or some work to get it installed, so had to put it back together

Mike