Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose line output convertor.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 06:51 PM

Bose line output convertor.

where can i get my hands on a line output convertor so i can hook my subs up to my 2k2 w/Bose. i tried using a normal one cuz the guy at bestbuy said it would work and i fried the amp on my stock sub. lookin to get another one of them too i suppose.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:57 PM

www.affsave.com.

Get a PAC AEOM-NIS2. works like a champ.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:40 PM

I agree with maximamaybe. I installed the PAC AOEM-NIS2 and am very happy with the sound quality. Only downside is that the stock HU doesn't have crossover capablility like the aftermarket HU's I tried. Huge upside is that the engine noise in my speakers is gone gone gone. As far as I'm concerned, I'm way ahead on that tradeoff.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Z Man
I agree with maximamaybe. I installed the PAC AOEM-NIS2 and am very happy with the sound quality. Only downside is that the stock HU doesn't have crossover capablility like the aftermarket HU's I tried. Huge upside is that the engine noise in my speakers is gone gone gone. As far as I'm concerned, I'm way ahead on that tradeoff.
yeah i was gettin strong feedback before the amp crapped out, from the alternator i suppose. thanks a lot though.

damn, $60.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Z Man
Both of my amps have builtin crossovers therefore I don't need one in my head unit. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying I would not prefer to upgrade my head unit. I am saying that for keeping the Bose HU, the PAC adapter is the best alternative.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by maximamaybe
Both of my amps have builtin crossovers therefore I don't need one in my head unit. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying I would not prefer to upgrade my head unit. I am saying that for keeping the Bose HU, the PAC adapter is the best alternative.
I guess I'm probably mixing my terminology. What I meant was equalizer capability, like being able to adjust the highs, mid-highs, mids, lows, and the sub separately. It was nice to be able to shape the music the way I liked it. I'm actually thinking about buying an equalizer and plugging the RCA outs from the PAC into the equalizer and then going into my amps from the equalizer so that I can have that capability again. Equalizers aren't too expensive (~$100), it's just a question of figuring out where to put it so that I have access to it while I'm driving.

Think that would work, or am I overlooking something?
Old 10-01-2003, 08:14 PM

what kind of subs and amp do you guys have and where did you wire the convertor to? i'm putting it to the back of the head unit, but i've seen it done directly to the speakers. i had a 95 maxima with bose before this one, but their two rear speakers are behind the rear passeners head as opposed to the door, like in the 5 1/2 gen. i was wary to wire it into the stock sub cuz i didn't know if the rear harness had the same color wiring and i didn't want to take off the door panel.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:17 PM

I had a JBL BP300.1 that decided to die. I bought a Phoenix Gold Octane R 75x2 amd that I am running on the sub for now. I will then be upgrading the broke JBL amp to a BP600.1 and moving my PG amp to the mid/hoghs.

My sub is a Kicker Comp VR 12.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:50 AM

I have two Sony Xplod XM-475GSX amps and two 10" Infinity Reference subs. I'm using one of the amps to power the subs and the other to power my speakers.

One side of the PAC interface is comprised of two pairs of wiring harnesses - one male pair that plugs directly into the back of the Bose HU and one female pair that plugs into the wiring harnesses from the car. The other side of the PAC interface has an amp turn on lead and two pairs of RCA outs - one pair for the front speakers and one pair for the rear speakers. I plugged my RCA cables into those RCA outs and ran them to my amps. Because there are only four RCA outs from the PAC I used RCA Y-splitters on the pair for the rears so that I could send a signal to the amp for my subs. Worked very well.