Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Cd Player Woes

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Cheesing away...

Cd Player Woes

--Kinda long, so bare with me--

Ok I have a Panasonic CQ-DF583U cd/mp3/wma player. Looks like this:

I got it back in Aug. and I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Until recently that is. Back at the beginning of Dec. it would start turning off, and then turing right back on randomly. Back then I thought it was just a loose connection or something. I was at away at college at the time(I'm on break and back at home at the moment) and didn't have any tools to try to fix it. Well, when I got back home I kinda forgot about it until it started doing it again. So I took out the head unit and had a look at it, I didn't see any loose connections, but I pushed everything in just to make sure. Now I'm thinking there is something wrong with my headunit, maybe a short in it or something? I waiting until tomorrow to call panasonic to complain and try to get a brand new one seeing that I still have my year warranty. Now I'm pretty sure that it isn't my amp thats doing it, because I don't see how that is possible. I'm thinking that it could have something to do with the cold, since it started when it became pretty cold outside, but I have no clue what. Sorry this is so long, I just drove back from the grocery store and it was turing on/off like crazy, I think I only got to listen to 1 min of a song during my 15 drive. I'm just pi$$ed off right now. Anyone have any feelings, feel free to express.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:26 AM

What kind of connectors did you use? If you've confirmed that there are no loose connections then the only explanation is a defective unit...which is still apparently under warranty. Take advantage of the warranty before time runs out.

Tony
Old 01-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Cheesing away...

Well I called panasonic yesterday and they said that I need to bring it to a repair shop. The only shop that covers panasonics warranty is in Lawrence a town about 30 minutes from Kansas City, I'm suprised they don't have on in a city as large as KC, So I'm going to take it there tomorrow since I got my wisdom teeth pulled this moring and the little bas.tards are still bleeding four hours later.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:49 PM

Does it cut out all the time or when you hit your brakes?
Do you have a system (amp running subs)?

My system started doing this. Im running a 1200 Watt amp to two subs, and my problem was that my alternator wasn't putting out enough power to handle my system. Whenever I would hit the brakes, the HU would turn on and off, on and off. Annoying as hell, and it eventually got to the point where it would cut in and out without hitting my brakes. Simple fix though is a nice power capacitor.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Cheesing away...

Originally Posted by Iron_Curtain
Does it cut out all the time or when you hit your brakes?
Do you have a system (amp running subs)?

My system started doing this. Im running a 1200 Watt amp to two subs, and my problem was that my alternator wasn't putting out enough power to handle my system. Whenever I would hit the brakes, the HU would turn on and off, on and off. Annoying as hell, and it eventually got to the point where it would cut in and out without hitting my brakes. Simple fix though is a nice power capacitor.
Ya I have a system, but it isn't big. 900watt amp running to two 8" punch subs. I don't think it's my system because it does it even with my amp turned way way down.