Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

stock head unit with subs

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

stock head unit with subs

hey what is that wire called that has 2 rcas on one end and speaker wire on the other. it is for when you want to add subs with the factory head unit. does anybody know wat it is call and where i can one for cheap online. thanks
Old 02-23-2004, 10:45 AM

line level converter, i believe.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:39 AM

I believe this is wut u are lookin for: http://www.affsave.com/pac.htm

Order the AOEM-NIS2: http://www.affsave.com/pac5.htm

I dont know how well it works, i just ordered mine friday and it should be here by the end of the week, i have heard a lot of .org members saying great things about this so im sure it is wut u need. Just dont go and buy the walmart version, i regret doing that, my subs do not sound the way i would like them to at all!

Hope this helps, good luck!
-Tom
Old 02-24-2004, 12:00 PM

of course, that's only if you have the bose system in your car.

if you don't have the bose system, use a line level converter. it takes the rear speaker wires and converts them to RCAs which you plug into your sub amp.

however, some amps have speaker-level or line-level inputs on them. so you can go straight from the rear speaker wires to the amp.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

thanks guys i think i found one just wanted to be sure this is what i need.

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Ca...oduct+%23=NS60
Old 02-29-2004, 08:42 PM

yup, that works
Old 03-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

I currently am running two amps while using the stock non-bose head unit. I have two converters. The only drawback is that you will find alternator noise is more common than when using an aftermarket head unit. Whether you have the amp(s) grounded proplerly or not, or have the power wire and speaker leads on opposite sides of the car as well. I believe these converters are used more on a "have-to" basis. I am pleased with the overall sound quality of my setup, but just by adding an aftermarket head unit, you'll be suprised how the sound quality of your setup increases. I will be upgrading to a DVD setup sooner or later (when funds are available) which is why I am still utilizing the factory head unit. I see it as a temporary solution which helps me upgrade from the sh!tty OEM paper speakers.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:08 PM

hey sagamax if u need any audio help im only like a half hour away. dont go to an audio store, theyll bend u over. im great with audio, i prolly wont charge u anything since i like doin it. i like the stuff so much that i just got a job at circuit city sellin car audio, i start tomorrow. cant wait.

-Kevin
AIM-kpr10is if u wanna chat there sagamax or if u have any questions, as ive just about taken apart the whole stereo system multiple times from my max.