Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

new sub amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:30 PM

new sub amp

hey guys i just got 2 eclipse 10s and an eclipse amp 300 dollers didnt want anything huge so this was a good deal i feel anyway can i and will it work good for me me to huck up this unit to my head unit i was told it wouldnt work well by these guys and that i would have to replace all the bose speakers if i wanted to cause its all bose or no bose iam in north dakota and there stupid lol iam really frm ny but military put me here and iam screwed i spoke to another guy hes said hes done it and will work fine i need a interface unit 30 dollers to run the wires to the unit any help here will be great i wil be up grading my head unit to a dvd nav system in the future but not a lot of money on my end so i have to wait so thats y i just want it to work with the exsting head unit for now thanx
Old 06-03-2004, 08:14 PM

im sorry. can you edit this post with some periods and some cliffs notes?
Old 06-03-2004, 08:56 PM

hey guys i just got 2 eclipse 10s and an eclipse amp 300 dollers didnt want anything huge so this was a good deal i feel. anyway can i and will it work good for me to hook up this unit to my head unit.
i was told it wouldnt work well by these guys and that i would have to replace all the bose speakers if i wanted to cause its all bose or no bose.
iam in north dakota and there stupid lol iam really from ny but military put me here and iam screwed.
i spoke to another guy hes said hes done it and will work fine i need a interface unit 30 dollers to run the wires to the unit.
any help here will be great i will be upgrading my head unit to a dvd nav system in the future but not a lot of money on my end so i have to wait so thats y i just want it to work with the exsting head unit for now thanx
Old 06-03-2004, 09:00 PM

yes you can run an amp off the h/u without switching out the speakers. you might as well do that since your getting dvd soon.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 PM
ABS

People have had success tapping directly into the signal wires from the little Bose amp on the rear deck, running the signal wires to their amp and then running their amp to the sub. Just be careful because the OEM harness to the Bose woofer also includes two power wires. I don't know off hand which are which. Perhaps some else does? You won't need any adapter to do this, just a couple of T-Taps.