Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

In need of dire assistance.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 10:47 AM

In need of dire assistance.

Okay, so the starter went out in my Max and while I was replacing that I pulled the throttle body and cleaned it, replaced the plugs, fuel filter, and air filter along with a oil change and a basic spring cleaning of the engine bay. Well, I put everything back together and took her for a spin. What a difference in throttle response due to the excessive build up of gunk in the TB. But I got a CEL. So, thinking I did'nt plug something back in I begin rooting around th engine bay and discover that all the fuses in the little fuse box to the right of the battery are all wrong (i.e. 7.5 fuses where 15 amp fuses should be so I rearrange all of them and put them in the appropriate spaces as per the diagram on the fuse box cover. Then I reconnect the battery and that is where the trouble begins. The security light is just blinking the car will not start, the radio does't come on when you turn the key all the way forward, nothing. The doors unlock and lock but not with the remote. The headlights come on too but I have looked all over the net and found nothing. What did I do? Is the diagram on the fuse box cover wrong? Is ther a way to reset the security system. Please help or I will have to have the car towed a very long way to the dealer. I should have just left the damn check engine light alone and went to autozone to get the code checked. Help please!

P.S. I washed the engine bay with a damp rag I did'nt spray any components down or get anything really wet.