Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Playstation2

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 05:13 PM

Playstation2

OK, so how would I go about installing a Ps2 in my car? I don't care about placement or anything like that, just how would I get a socket into my car to plug it into and what would I do with the RCA's ? How would I hook them up to the TV and Headunit to play through the speakers and so forth.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:38 PM

Bump. Bump.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

First of all, it would help greatly to know what kind of HU and Monitor you have. I have a PS2 in my car. Just installed it this weekend actually, and it works very well. I have a 400W power inverter under my seat and the PS2 is under the passenger seat. To get the audio RCAs to work with your headunit, you either have to have an AUX input, or in the case of mine, I had to buy an adapter for my Pioneer which had RCA audio L&R inputs on it. The yellow video RCA connection should just hook right up to the screen.

Hope this helps
drew
Old 10-07-2004, 01:22 PM

Thanks. Well, my fault about not listing the make and model of what I have, I was just looking for an overview, but I was stupid for not postin it. I have a 7" Farenheit TFT Flush mounted screen and a Digitmax DVD/MP3/CD Player. As for the Aux input I believe I do have one, and for the Yellow Video RCA Connection, my DVD Player is already hooked up to it, so how would I get another Yellow Video into it?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Thanks. Well, my fault about not listing the make and model of what I have, I was just looking for an overview, but I was stupid for not postin it. I have a 7" Farenheit TFT Flush mounted screen and a Digitmax DVD/MP3/CD Player. As for the Aux input I believe I do have one, and for the Yellow Video RCA Connection, my DVD Player is already hooked up to it, so how would I get another Yellow Video into it?
If you don’t have an AUX input you can get a FM Modulator to tap into a radio frequency, that way when you want to hear your PSII you just turn on the modulator, tune into the particular station and hear the sound..