Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Alternative for AOEM-NIS2

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:43 PM

Alternative for AOEM-NIS2

Well i went to ultimate electronics today and they actually had some good news. They said the "sven4" ( http://autosoundgear.com/tek9.asp?pg...cific=jqepcng0 ) would work to add a amp and keep the bose HU. Now I havent actually tried this yet, so I dont know if it works, but was curious if any one has any experience with these (im researching what i can right now) question is, is this a better way to go or is the aoem-nis2 better? BTW they also told me that if i wanted to get a security system with remote start i would have to buy like $150 worth of extra ****, plus it has to be the expensive unit, plus i gotta get an extra key from infiniti so if any one knows an alternate route i would be very appreciative.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Got Projectors?

I only have experience with the AOEM-NIS2, and I'll swear by it. I tried a multi-function line output converter and wasn't at all pleased with the result.

That might work...hell...anything will work...it's just a matter of how well. It looks a lot like a peripheral LOC I used a long time ago in the past...but I don't know.

Seeing as they're the same price...I'd just get the AOEM-NIS2. It's already proven, and you're not going to get any better sound anyway (you're still using the OEM HU).

Security system...I don't know. I *do* know that it's indentical to a Maxima - 2k in your case, so I'd research and see what other 5th gen guys have needed for their alarm installs..
Old 10-18-2004, 01:18 PM

If the year of your I30 has the build in security chip in the key, then yes you would need to give-up a copy of your key (have you considered your spare key?). Not sure where the $150 is coming from, but you do need to pay for an extra unit. It's a $40 box that will contain the extra key that triggers the security chip to allow your car to be started. And perhaps extra installation charge, but you can probably negotiate that... I did. This is from my experience.

Think of it this way. The alarm remote sends a signal to the alarm 'brain' which in turn signals the box to trigger the security chip in the key to allow the car to start. The thing that sucks is that there's a copy of your key inside your car underneath the dash somewhere...

I personally don't have experience with the AOEM-NIS2, but I do have the ROEM-NIS2. If they are the same price then go with the AOEM-NIS2 b/c it does make life a little easier.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Karkov
Well i went to ultimate electronics today and they actually had some good news. They said the "sven4" ( http://autosoundgear.com/tek9.asp?pg...cific=jqepcng0 ) would work to add a amp and keep the bose HU. Now I havent actually tried this yet, so I dont know if it works, but was curious if any one has any experience with these (im researching what i can right now) question is, is this a better way to go or is the aoem-nis2 better?

BTW they also told me that if i wanted to get a security system with remote start i would have to buy like $150 worth of extra ****, plus it has to be the expensive unit, plus i gotta get an extra key from infiniti so if any one knows an alternate route i would be very appreciative.
1) I'd go with the PAC AOEM-NIS2. I just installed in my brothers (UGAd13) 2k3 Maxima GLE and it works flawlessly. It's completely plug-n-play and was only $40 shipped from CobyMoby and he sent it in 4 days!

2) Not sure what they're talking about with the $150 in extra parts...maybe their FU mark-up pricing? The only extra thing I had to buy for the remote start/alarm was the DEI 556U Immobilizer Interface...and that was $25 shipped on eBay. However, you will need to put your extra key in it as mentioned in an above post...maybe they included the price of another key?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:47 PM

well thanks for the replys guys. After hearing the advice im definantly goin with the AOEM-NIS2. GAMAX97GLE did you install your own security system?? Is this a possible diy deal?? i have been looking for info online but cant find anything about just installing hte unit, but i did think it was somewhat attemptable considering all the wires are already ran and i just tap into them (i think).
Old 10-19-2004, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Karkov
GAMAX97GLE did you install your own security system?? Is this a possible diy deal?? i have been looking for info online but cant find anything about just installing hte unit, but i did think it was somewhat attemptable considering all the wires are already ran and i just tap into them (i think).
I have NOT installed it yet...haven't had a free weekend. It looks be be a DIY if you have some knowledge of wiring, etc. and I've been studying up more on the terms, etc. every day. Most people say it will take an installer about 6 hours, so I want to allow myself both Saturday and Sunday to do it myself. I've taken off about every panel in the car already and wired/built many stereos, lights, etc. in the past so I already have a jump on someone who's never tackled a project like this before.

I've found several links and forums that will help. Here are the two main ones I've used for reference information:

1) http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/viper791xv/ (This doesn't seem to be working right now...)
2) http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/default.asp