Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Viper Alarm... plz advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 05:44 PM
A swift Bimmer driver

Viper Alarm... plz advice

Hey guys

I wanna install an aftermarket alarm system in my car...
Right now i have a Crime Stopper remote starte in it which works well but i was thinking of getting rid of it and getting the following alarm sytem from Viper! and get all kinds of sensors... knock sensor, glass sensor and all juz to make sure that my Max doesnt get messed with! I know there is no alarm system that will stop a thief who wants my Max... but i wanna do what i can to slow them from taking it!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1590.html#

Does anybody have this kit installed or any other ones you wanna recommend? Im in the Boston area!

thanks
Old 10-25-2004, 02:05 PM

Thats the exact alarm i have for my 4th gen. i absolutely love it. i paid $500 installed (i dont trust myself installing an alarm like that with all those sensors) and it is worth every penny. The remote start feature is great for, well at least in phoenix, starting your car while you are walking out to it to get it nice and cold before you get in it. the responder has a great range on it. As far as the actual alarm, you can have it set to however sensitive you want. Mine is pretty sensitive, but not like some peoples where if there is a gust of wind their alarm goes off. The sirens are 5 different noises, and they are loud as hell. im probably gonna end up adding on a couple 140db piezo sirens under the hood just in case. but yeah i definatley reccomend this alarm

Edit: DAMN i just looked at the price of that thing. price has dropped signifigantly. when i got mine it was $399.99. that was back in like february.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:56 AM

phoenix = remote start to get it cold
new york = remote start to warm it up

I live on the wrong side of the country
Old 10-26-2004, 08:49 AM
A swift Bimmer driver

sup

Originally Posted by mAxBaSs27
Thats the exact alarm i have for my 4th gen. i absolutely love it. i paid $500 installed (i dont trust myself installing an alarm like that with all those sensors) and it is worth every penny. The remote start feature is great for, well at least in phoenix, starting your car while you are walking out to it to get it nice and cold before you get in it. the responder has a great range on it. As far as the actual alarm, you can have it set to however sensitive you want. Mine is pretty sensitive, but not like some peoples where if there is a gust of wind their alarm goes off. The sirens are 5 different noises, and they are loud as hell. im probably gonna end up adding on a couple 140db piezo sirens under the hood just in case. but yeah i definatley reccomend this alarm

Edit: DAMN i just looked at the price of that thing. price has dropped signifigantly. when i got mine it was $399.99. that was back in like february.

Sweet.... i want something that offers the best protection!
That ad also says that item was discontinued... so its prolly that price for the leftovers!
So... what kinda sensors do you have on urs?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:54 PM

that's a nice alarm...that particular model was discontinued and replaced with a new unit with the (just one of minor changes) different look....besides both of the unit are the same....i would reccomend getting a stand alone back up batter for it with is about $30-$50....
Old 10-26-2004, 08:34 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

[QUOTE=yogi]that's a nice alarm...that particular model was discontinued and replaced with a new unit with the (just one of minor changes) different look....QUOTE]

Would you care to inform us of these changes? The most current model is the 791 and thats what listed in the link.

--Don