Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Stealth DIN head unit installation 5th Gen Max?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 07:11 PM

I'm looking for ideas to use in installation of a DIN head unit in my 2001 Maxima. I would like a very stealthy installation. My head unit is an Alpine CDA-7965 which is all LEDs. I would like to be able to cover it up while it is playing and while it is parked - I know it has a removable face but I really don't want anything visible at all. Have any of you done a successful stealthy DIN head unit installation in a 5th Generation Maxima?
Old 04-17-2001, 07:18 PM

haven't but in the same boat...

Originally posted by Max20
I'm looking for ideas to use in installation of a DIN head unit in my 2001 Maxima. I would like a very stealthy installation. My head unit is an Alpine CDA-7965 which is all LEDs. I would like to be able to cover it up while it is playing and while it is parked - I know it has a removable face but I really don't want anything visible at all. Have any of you done a successful stealthy DIN head unit installation in a 5th Generation Maxima?
haven't done this type yet but I am also wanting to get it done. I have thought about making brackets that are about an inch more back, and then using the face off my double din as a cover for the aftermarket. Doing this will require me to make a false second cover to go around and fill the gap between the console and the aftermarket. I have thought about making my own abs panel, but as of yet I don't have the time or experience to do this to my liking. If you can think of something else, hey pass it my way!