Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

My new toy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:55 PM
It's business time.

My new toy! PICS!

Well my uncle, who runs the shop where I got it installed, couldn't get the Scocshe kit so they just installed it in the upper din. They also put the hideaway unit in the dash so that I CAN'T ACCESS IT! Which is something I will eventually change, but I don't really care now, I'm just happy I have navi and MP3 playback!

Here are some pics, more on CD page. Sorry they turned out with glare, I just couldn't help it.

The Pioneer AVIC-N1

Old 12-30-2004, 03:56 PM
It's business time.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
BlkShadow01

thats so awesome..the only down side from what i've seen is that it opens up everytime you start your car..or at least my friends' did..but other than that..its tottaly sweet

Old 12-30-2004, 05:25 PM

nice man, i cant wait to get mine
Old 12-30-2004, 11:08 PM

nice. ill be posting my setup hopefully tomorrow but if not then this weekend for sure. i think you'll like the pix. also you can make it so the tv doesnt open everytime you turn on the car...
Old 01-03-2005, 08:18 AM
It's business time.

Is anyone with this unit having any issues with the way it reads MP3 discs. For some reason it reads the song files wrong; it splits them up making one track into anywhere from 2 to 6 different tracks. Also it will play part of a song and then just track forward to the next track before it is even finished with the previous. It is getting really annoying because I can't listen to MP3 CDs.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:46 AM

could be the way you are burning them and what program you are using.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:01 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by slickrick
could be the way you are burning them and what program you are using.
I am just making a data CD using easy CD creator the program that came with the computer. What other options do I have?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:40 AM

hmm. thats what i use. ive had no problems with my mp3 cds so far. have you tried making a new cd with different songs? or does this happen 100% of the time?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
It's business time.

hmm. thats what i use. ive had no problems with my mp3 cds so far. have you tried making a new cd with different songs? or does this happen 100% of the time?
I guess I'll try again. I've made two CDs so far. Each with about 8 folders on them. Each folder is an album around 10-15 songs on it. Some of the folders are stretched to around 35 tracks because they are splitted so often.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM

try putting a bunch of mp3s onto a cd for kicks. no folders just a bunch of tracks. i know on my old pioneer h/u it would not play some songs but i neevr had a problem with the track list or anything. keep us posted...
Old 01-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Vadim-93GXE

Don't know much about your system.. But just a hunch, maybe it's in "sample" mode or something. Check out the manual.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

i would say take the songs out of the folders. THe path length is probably too long for it to properly read. WIth them straight on the disc you should be fine. the scan mode brought up by vadim is another possibility.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:48 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Vadim-93GXE
Don't know much about your system.. But just a hunch, maybe it's in "sample" mode or something. Check out the manual.
I'm not too sure what the sample feature is but I will research that, thanks.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:53 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Cant_Get_Ryte
i would say take the songs out of the folders. THe path length is probably too long for it to properly read. WIth them straight on the disc you should be fine. the scan mode brought up by vadim is another possibility.
I will try doing this next time I get my computer on. I haven't had the time recently though. Would shortening the file name do anything?
Old 01-05-2005, 06:01 AM
It's business time.

try putting a bunch of mp3s onto a cd for kicks. no folders just a bunch of tracks. i know on my old pioneer h/u it would not play some songs but i neevr had a problem with the track list or anything. keep us posted...

Thanks for the help guys, I will keep you updated.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM
It's business time.

I made a data CD with only songs on it and the same problem exists. I looked at the "Scan" feature and turned it on and off and it made no difference whatsoever how it read the songs. It stretches the songs out and cuts them off and it is getting really annoying. Is there any other ideas? What else could I do to make this work? What other methods should I use to burn CDs?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM
It's business time.

I called the support line and the guy told me to press the reset button! I guess I will try that after work.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks really nice. I love your choice of videos. Go Celebrity Jeopardy!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
It's business time.

Update:

Thanks for the advice and comments guys! I called the support line and the next agent I talked to provided me all the specs for the MP3 playback. It was sort of trivial info at the time but it got me thinking. I had originally made the data CD by formatting it in the utility screen and then dragging files into the window. That was apparently the wrong way to do it.

I opened up the program like a music CD and then switched to a data CD and added all my files again. I burned it and this time it worked!

I have no more issues now, thanks again!
Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 PM

there you go. all set now.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:38 AM
It's business time.

Now I'm noticing a problem with the navigation. The arrow on the map seems like when the car is in motion it is off as in where I am. It seems inaccurate to where I am in reality and where the map locates me. I go past a street and the navi doesn't shows me getting there until after I pass it. Is my speed sensor off or what?
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by ABDomega
Is anyone with this unit having any issues with the way it reads MP3 discs. For some reason it reads the song files wrong; it splits them up making one track into anywhere from 2 to 6 different tracks. Also it will play part of a song and then just track forward to the next track before it is even finished with the previous. It is getting really annoying because I can't listen to MP3 CDs.
I used to have that problem. If you don't have them in teh proper MP3 format, the unit gets picky. I have a Pioneer 6500DVD. I use Easy CD Creator now and specify MP3 cds and it burns them differently now. Haven't had another problem since. You can download that program somewhere online.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:59 PM

Now I'm noticing a problem with the navigation. The arrow on the map seems like when the car is in motion it is off as in where I am. It seems inaccurate to where I am in reality and where the map locates me. I go past a street and the navi doesn't shows me getting there until after I pass it. Is my speed sensor off or what?
I've had that problem too. You have to go into the settings and look for something called "DEMO MODE" and turn it off. The demo mode makes it show you how the system works, if you put in an address it starts moving automatically when you're not even driving the car, but when you turn that off, the arrow stays with you while you're driving.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:50 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by ElPapito04
I've had that problem too. You have to go into the settings and look for something called "DEMO MODE" and turn it off. The demo mode makes it show you how the system works, if you put in an address it starts moving automatically when you're not even driving the car, but when you turn that off, the arrow stays with you while you're driving.
I don't think that's it. Demo mode is already off and it moves with me just fine it is just no as accurate when I am travelling at speed. Going slowly it is fine but on the interstate it is off by like 1/8 mile. I think it's the speed sensor because even that doesn't match my car's speedo.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 AM

I don't think that's it. Demo mode is already off and it moves with me just fine it is just no as accurate when I am travelling at speed. Going slowly it is fine but on the interstate it is off by like 1/8 mile. I think it's the speed sensor because even that doesn't match my car's speedo.
Oh, ok. I know what you're talking about. Yea, I think thats what it is cause I got that fixed in mine and it stopped too. I thought you were taling about something different. Take it to the place u installed it
Old 01-10-2005, 09:03 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

A) check antenna placement and signal

B) where is your speed sensor connected?

--Don
Old 01-10-2005, 10:13 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
A) check antenna placement and signal

B) where is your speed sensor connected?

--Don
The antenna is in the passenger corner of my dash by the windshield, signal is excellent. I have no idea where they connected the speed sensor. Should I ask them?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:19 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

The antenna is in the passenger corner of my dash by the windshield, signal is excellent. I have no idea where they connected the speed sensor. Should I ask them?
Yes you should, as some places skip the speed sense wire due to the fact that the AVIC will auto update from GPS, but significantly slower, and it seems thats the problem your having.

--Don
Old 01-10-2005, 01:25 PM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Yes you should, as some places skip the speed sense wire due to the fact that the AVIC will auto update from GPS, but significantly slower, and it seems thats the problem your having.

--Don

Then why do the speedo and other vehicle dynamics work?