Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Prob with auto start

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:49 AM

Prob with auto start

Hey guys...quick and hopefully easy question for you.

I just picked up a 01 se. Love it. Smooth as a babies a$$

Anyway...I had the dealer install an Automate alarm and autostart combo.

Alarm is fine..I'm learning the in's and out's of it. The auto start is a little off.

When the car is warm---normal operating temp..just driven... the auto-start starts the car fine.

If the car is cold---sitting for hours, or overnight..the autostart will crank the engine--never start it. It stops..and then tries once more---doesnt start it.

A friend told me some fuel injector cleaner or something--but I dont think that is the answer.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

my accord did this as well. when it was brutally cold out and it was sitting for a while, it would start, run for a few seconds, and turn off. *SOMETIMES* i could start it a few times and it would work. i was told by a few people it was how the remote start was installed. something (i cant remember what) was linked to the tach, and when the RPMs went up higher than normal, cuz the car was so cold, the remote start shut itself down, as a safety precaution. you could have the wiring changed so that it is not linked to the tach anymore. good thing you arent too far from jersey

im sure Don will step in here and correct me, but thats what the 2 shops told me before. tho they could have been bullshi!!in me just to do some work.

btw, mine was an older DEI/Viper unit with just 2 buttons on the remote.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:18 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

They most likely didnt connect the second ("cold start") wire. This would most likely be the case. Its actually pretty bad considering 1: The amount that the dealer charges for it, and 2: The fact thats its a Nissan dealer (if it was).

Casey, in your case could have been the tach, but Ive never had that problem with AV6s...

--Don