Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose scracthing CDs: bose fault or poor CDR Quality??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bose scracthing CDs: bose fault or poor CDR Quality??

All CDs played are either DA CDR or Data CDR.

I bought the expensive DA CDR thinking it would be better and prevent scracthes. I dunno... maybe they do.. but i had OLD Digital Audio Memorex CDs. Really old.. like 5 years and I finnaly burned them. (I have bought them but never used them because my other car had a MP3 and I used the normal Data CDRs for MP3s)

Now, most of my CDs in less than 1 month are popping and have scratches (radial scratches... like sunlight beams from the center)

Whats the deal? Am i burning music on the wrong media or the Bose is scracthing them?

What media you guys recommend for DA ??

Also, i first had the impression the LOAD/UNLOAD on the Bose was scrathing it.. I am not sure.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2005, 06:57 AM

It's the BOSE HU. It scratched the heck out of my CD's, even the original CD's. Then my BOSE HU stopped playing CD's all together and I removed it. BOSE SUCKS!!!

Oh yea, and what year is your car?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:25 AM

Damn !!

I know a blank CDR is cheap... but i cant keep on burning the same CDs every month!!!!

I have a 2000 SE with Bose. I would love to change the head unit but i am not sure about the kit to cover the excess space.

I wish some manufacturer would make a HU for the Maxima... just plug in.... Actually, when i was shopping for the Maxima.. I came across a GLE with Pioneer (i think) but i didint pay attention to see if it was a double DIN or if it had the kit.....

Sad !!!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Infiniti 35 Double G's

my orig Bose chewed up several of my CDRs...the recordable discs are thicker than pre-recorded ones (even moreso when u put a label on them), so dem sumbishes are more prone to get scraped, scratched, & scarred. i had a few even get stuck....

unless u enjoy re-recording your sh*t every month, ****** that Bose outta there.....