Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Opinoins/Reviews of MB quart Subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 10:55 PM

Opinoins/Reviews of MB quart Subwoofers

Hi, a friend of mine is currently debating whether or not to buy an MB Quart subwoofer.. He has heard MB Quart highs and likes them a lot.. But has never had an opportunity to hear their brand of subwoofer. Anybody on the ORG have any info on this sub??

Also was debating whether or not he should put the speaker in the back doors of his 2K2 Max or put the in the back dash.. He want sthe best sound, but I told him to put the speaker in the doors like stock on his 2K2...

Thanks in advance..
Old 05-15-2005, 12:43 AM

I would think the MB Quart subs r more SQ than SPL, but I haven't heard them, just guessing. For the rear speakers i would say just go with the stock locations. Rear fill isn't really that important to most people, so why do more work mounting them on the rear deck when u can just use the factory locations.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:54 AM

I've got a set of the Premium 15's and was pretty impressed by them. Not exactly a very loud speaker, but does sound good. As previously mentioned they are more geared for SQ than SPL. From what I've seen MBQ recommends small sealed enclosures for their woofers, but a well designed ported enclosure will make them a little louder.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:08 PM

I could have swore I replied to this, but. . .

I have a pair of PWD 10's [premium line, of old], which I liked due to how little space they require [I had an Acura RSX before this]. I'll use them to determine where I'm going to put my next sub(s), but plan on selling them after that. Again, they are a very accurate speaker, but do not get nearly as loud as some others, at least not in small sealed enclosures, like I've run them.

As for the second question about putting the speaker in the back door vs. rear shelf, are you talking about the sub? I don't know if their made to be used in an free air set up, so you'd have seal off either. I would think the shelf would work better, though.

dh