Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Speed Sensor Wire and Reverse Wire

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Speed Sensor Wire and Reverse Wire

Hey All

I have a 2000 MAxima and i am going to be installing a Kenwood KNA-dv4100. I have already installed the KVT-815DVD and will be posting pics soon,

With the navi i see that i have to tap into the Speed Sensor Wire and Reverse light Wire. I have done searches and i see that i can tap into the Speed Sensoer wire from ECU. It seems to be the Pink Wire with Blue stripe.

I just want to double check with u guys who may have done this if this is the best way to tap into that wire.

Also where can i find the Reverse Light Wire, do i need to reaaaaaly go all the way in the back of the trunk or can i tap into it somewhere near the center console.

Any help or any links to this info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:50 AM

What exactly will the navi do with the speed sensor wire and the reverse wire, just curious... Sorry for not being of help, but I find it interesting as to those two particular wires and a aftermarket navi !

Edit - I just looked at my wiring guide text file for a quick second, and found that the:
SPEED SENSE|pink/blue | |instrument cluster |

As for the Reverse wire, I didn't find anything.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by snair2
What exactly will the navi do with the speed sensor wire and the reverse wire, just curious... Sorry for not being of help, but I find it interesting as to those two particular wires and a aftermarket navi !

Edit - I just looked at my wiring guide text file for a quick second, and found that the:
SPEED SENSE|pink/blue | |instrument cluster |

As for the Reverse wire, I didn't find anything.
Thanks

A navigation system (component or in-dash) uses this information to calculate speed and distance, and to estimate time of arrival during the course of a trip.
The navigation system also needs to be connected to the vehicle's reverse light; it has to know when you're going backwards for accurate positioning and route calculation

It can work without it, but just wanted to be as complete as possible.

I guess i will have to go to the back for the reverse light as i can t seem to find anything near the center console