Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Big Three

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 11:12 PM

Big Three

Just a few questions, first, is there any write ups on how to do the big three, I know generally what to do (replace wiring to alt, and to ground on chasis and engine) but I would like to see a write up so that I dont mess something up, Im not to good electrically, also I purchased the Knuconcepts 1/0 ga. wire because it had a higher strand count than the RF wire I was going to get, plus cheaper. Should this wire work well. And lastly Im replacing my battery to accomodate my system with a Yellow top Optima 34/78, should all of this insure I dont have to much dimming of the lights and stuff usually associated with a system? Thanks for the help.

BTW: I have 2 Alpine Type R's, will be pushed by an MBQuart Reference RA1000 giving each 500 watts, and I have 2 ga pwr and grnd wires (grounded in the spare tire deprssion near back of car, with a Lightning Audio Ground Post)
Old 06-03-2005, 01:29 AM
blah

on sounddomain.com there's a general writeup for doing the big 3, but it was done on a mustang which looked way easier than what I plan on doing on the max. Their alternator is right on top of engine whereas the max has its alt hidden to side and looks very difficult to get to. I might do a write up for it if anybody wants it. I plan on getting it done by mid day saturday. My 1/0 gauge wire and battery terminals from knukoncepts is supposed to get here by tommarow (friday) according to UPS.

As far as batteries are concerned I've read numerous posts as different forums and there's not much of an advatage with a battery upgrade unless you run your stereo with your car off. You're pretty much running off the alternator once the engine is running. I tried this on my old car it drove perfectly normal with the battery completly disconnected with the headlights and stereo on.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:42 AM

Thanks for reply, yeah if you do it that soon definately get a write up, I kinda want to know what Im doing before I start Im not to good with electricity and wiring, lol.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:48 AM

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/u...=5;t=007801;p=
Old 06-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i dunno how the 4th gen bay looks like, but i know for 5th gens it's a real pain in the butt unless you have the stock airbox removed or have an aftermarket intake