Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Don Help plz i got ROBBED

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 12:43 PM

lol...some ppl just crack me up on this forum

Don - so to answer my ? about ESN. Eclipse will only cover if unit was actually taken, correct?

Therefore, NYGhetto should file a claim either with his car insurance or homeowners. Whichever would cover it first.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Ive been in the situtaion before and NO I did not fraud my insurance company. Thats what makes rates go up for everyone.

Your also in the same boat with the same warning as the guy above you. Encouraging theft is not gonna float around here.
hey don im not incouraging theft..im just saying that people do always take that as a possibility...not saying that they should...
Old 10-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by PandaXpress
LIKe no one has ever done it before right? like more than half the population in the US (who cheats on their taxes) has not tried to make money from their insurance company claiming that other things have been stolen in their car before from a break in....IM sure if you were in this situation...and your unit was all scratched up (and costs about 1200 bucks to replace) , im sure that you wouldnt be like "oh ok...i just got my car broken into..time to put all the money i have into replacing something that was against human nature to steal from me...but ill make an exception because i believe in the good of people"....I think not...on the contrary; you would atleast consider frauding whoever you have to...in order to get your money back. Just trying to put this into perspective of how you he feels...not saying hes gonna do it..and im not attacking you igor either

This response is why insurance rates go up. Every moron in America thinks like this and it makes me pay more money on every type of insurance I have. **** happens, but going about it determines what type of person you are.

NYghetto- Keep your head up man. I know you worked real hard for that stuff.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This reminds me of something at my job. Not directly related to audio, but it still reminds me of it.

Things get broken, or wasted at my job (I work in the medical field), and the attitude is well it is not my money. That is just crap on more than one level. First of all respect things that are not yours. My parents told me as a kid, if something is yours you take care of it, if it is not then you take even more care of it for that reason. Premiums go up for the members as well. The other thing is that when it comes to contract time again, since more and more money had to be spent on replacing these things that are not cheap, there is probably a little less to play around with for our wages and benefits.

The whole theft thing is just B.S., I have been ripped off before so I know how it feels. I work hard for my money (heck I worked 7-3:30PM yesterday and went back to work from 10:30PM last night to 7AM this morning, and I am on call right now till 7AM), but turning around and making someone else pay for it is even more B.S.