Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Broken Bose

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 07:38 AM

i have two 10" JBLs running off the factory bose system, it sounds decent for now, until i redo the whole system. my question is that my stock bose head unit has an intermittent display and cd player takes many tries to get it to play. i think the laser needs to be aligned. about the display, has anyone had this problem, how was it fixed, and how much $$?? dont wanna break the bank yet, stereo isnt getting done till probably the fall.

thanks, Hall
Old 06-04-2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by JeepRage
i have two 10" JBLs running off the factory bose system, it sounds decent for now, until i redo the whole system. my question is that my stock bose head unit has an intermittent display and cd player takes many tries to get it to play. i think the laser needs to be aligned. about the display, has anyone had this problem, how was it fixed, and how much $$?? dont wanna break the bank yet, stereo isnt getting done till probably the fall.

thanks, Hall
Intermittent display? Does it coincide with
the CD searching for the right track? Does it happen
with original CD's or just with CDR's?
I've noticed that some CDR's have difficulty playing in the HU, probably because of the tolerance with CDR thickness.
The display seems to freeze or almost go blank when the cdplayer searches but can't find the right track... then it ejects the cd. Try original CD's first, if you haven't already. If it continues to happen, you can investigate further possibilities.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by jashick

Intermittent display? Does it coincide with
the CD searching for the right track? Does it happen
with original CD's or just with CDR's?
I've noticed that some CDR's have difficulty playing in the HU, probably because of the tolerance with CDR thickness.
The display seems to freeze or almost go blank when the cdplayer searches but can't find the right track... then it ejects the cd. Try original CD's first, if you haven't already. If it continues to happen, you can investigate further possibilities.

no, no, no.. i wasnt specific i suppose... it has problems with pretty much ANY CD!! thats whats driving me nuts... the display will dim or turn off with even the radio on... so that nothing is displayed, i did find some place online that overhauls everything for $150 w/ a year waruntee... i just dont want to pull it out!! if anyone else has ANY suggestions, thanks