Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose system

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 10:56 PM

I have a 98 GLE with the Bose system. All I wanna do is add an amp to power 2 12" subs. Is the possible? If so, will I have to get any extra stuff to make it work and is there a how-to thingy? I need some major help!
Peace
Old 06-03-2001, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by TWright517
I have a 98 GLE with the Bose system. All I wanna do is add an amp to power 2 12" subs. Is the possible? If so, will I have to get any extra stuff to make it work and is there a how-to thingy? I need some major help!
Peace
Yes it is possible
and the "extra stuff" really depends on what type of amp you have. Aside from running power wire to the battery, speaker wire from amp to sub box, ground wire from amp to chassis, you don't need anything else if the amp has speaker level inputs. If it doesn't you need a line converter ($39 from crutchfield).

Find a good location for the amp (under seat or in trunk).
Wire up power, ground, remote-on, and speaker outs for amp.
For amp input, tap into the rear speaker wires from either the speakers themselves or from behind the Head Unit (depends on where you locate the amp)...

good luck
Old 06-03-2001, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by jashick

Yes it is possible
and the "extra stuff" really depends on what type of amp you have. Aside from running power wire to the battery, speaker wire from amp to sub box, ground wire from amp to chassis, you don't need anything else if the amp has speaker level inputs. If it doesn't you need a line converter ($39 from crutchfield).

Find a good location for the amp (under seat or in trunk).
Wire up power, ground, remote-on, and speaker outs for amp.
For amp input, tap into the rear speaker wires from either the speakers themselves or from behind the Head Unit (depends on where you locate the amp)...

good luck
Do you know a how-2 website that can instruct me really good on everything you just said.
Thanks
Old 06-04-2001, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by TWright517

Do you know a how-2 website that can instruct me really good on everything you just said.
Thanks
Here it is:
http://web2.airmail.net/scutchen/max_faq/
just look for amp install... its really easy, i just did it too. good luck