Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

amp install on a bose system..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 04:57 PM
IN IRAQ MAXIMA.ORG-ING :)

amp install on a bose system..

yes im adding an amp on my maxima to run my subs... now i did search throo the forums... and i just got back from dons house and he suggested i hardwire into the lines going IN to the bose amp... im stumped... lol i need help... thanx
Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 PM

An aftermarket head unit's preouts send an unamplified signal to the aftermarket amp. This is the same thing the Bose deck does, send an unamplified signal to the Bose amp(s). So instead of buying a high-low converter (which converts amplified speaker wire into low-level RCA), you can just tap your RCA directly into the speaker wires at the amp without converters. Depending on how expensive the set of RCAs you have, you might or might not want to cut the ends off. Either way, when you cut into an RCA, there are 2 wires inside it, a positive and a negative. Theyll either be twisted together, or there will be one wire in the middle (positive) and a bunch of thinner wires usually braided together around the outside of that (negative). Youll see what I mean when you do it. Tap those into the factory pos and neg speaker wires. Hope that made sense.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
oem ftw!

Originally Posted by kpr10is
An aftermarket head unit's preouts send an unamplified signal to the aftermarket amp. This is the same thing the Bose deck does, send an unamplified signal to the Bose amp(s). So instead of buying a high-low converter (which converts amplified speaker wire into low-level RCA), you can just tap your RCA directly into the speaker wires at the amp without converters. Depending on how expensive the set of RCAs you have, you might or might not want to cut the ends off. Either way, when you cut into an RCA, there are 2 wires inside it, a positive and a negative. Theyll either be twisted together, or there will be one wire in the middle (positive) and a bunch of thinner wires usually braided together around the outside of that (negative). Youll see what I mean when you do it. Tap those into the factory pos and neg speaker wires. Hope that made sense.
This is exactly what I did, worked great! Saved me the change I was about to blow on the Hi-Lo converter
Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
IN IRAQ MAXIMA.ORG-ING :)

makes alot of sense... ok... sounds good...