Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Pole Diameter Options: 5/8? or 7/16?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:56 PM

Pole Diameter Options: 5/8? or 7/16?

I was needed to know what the pole diameter is on our headrests.....i am looking at getting new headrests (with tvs of course) put in and i need to know if these will fit the car.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

7/16...

I just got new headrest with tv's in them...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
7/16...

I just got new headrest with tv's in them...
What did you pay for yours cuz they ones i want are power acoustic's and they are 8" screens for $265.00+shipping......you have an 04' but i assume its the same since its a 6th gen.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:27 PM

mines are innovatek 8"...... $230.... ebay.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:34 PM
GrandPa

I have these. The plastic was still on screen when picture was taken

Old 02-02-2006, 05:56 PM

yep, same company... I have the same ones as maxedout (nyc)...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
GrandPa

yep, same company... I have the same ones as maxedout (nyc)...
Me to and they look good.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:50 PM

How are the quality on those Headrest you guys got? I am two steps from gettin the ones from Directed Audio but they are 550 bucks. So if these are good I would rather spend that extra 300 bucks on something else. here are some pics.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
How are the quality on those Headrest you guys got? I am two steps from gettin the ones from Directed Audio but they are 550 bucks. So if these are good I would rather spend that extra 300 bucks on something else. here are some pics.
they are real clear, not even joking... I just hooked them up to the dvd at home, and they are great. can't wait till they are actually in..

I took pics also, check the thread tomorrow..
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
GrandPa

I have had no problems with them and the picture is very clear.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ramberg
I have these. The plastic was still on screen when picture was taken

hey,

how accurate is the headrest colour to you car interior, looks like you have the tan interior.

thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 09:16 AM

they are real clear, not even joking... I just hooked them up to the dvd at home, and they are great. can't wait till they are actually in..

I took pics also, check the thread tomorrow..
Is that the innovatek's your talking about? I would have to guess the the power acoustiks are just as good. Do you know what the resolution is on them?
Old 02-03-2006, 04:13 PM

this is what they say:

innovatek IN-828 8"
Super High Resolution 1920XRGBX480

I'm going through a computer upgrade DRU, I apologize, but my camera program is acting up on me right now..

but, take my word for it, I bought these as a "hell with it" attitute to see if they were good enough for the price, if they weren't I was going to sell them on. but, they are a good quality item, and they look real clear. I would not buy crap for my car like that, especially tv's.

I say if the others are a higher resolution they would be worth the extra 20-30 bucks, if not, these will do the trick, you will like them... I'm **** and I like them..
Old 02-03-2006, 04:29 PM

Well TEK you have convinced me and I am a tough sell. I just did not want to pay the money for the eclipse monitors then have to have headrest made to fit them or even pay the 500-600 bucks for the directed audio ones heck the only ones that are going to be watching these thinks are my 2yr old and 7yr old. They don't care what brand they are. Do you know if you can run wireless head phones on thos things?
Old 02-03-2006, 04:34 PM

Well TEK you have convinced me and I am a tough sell. I just did not want to pay the money for the eclipse monitors then have to have headrest made to fit them or even pay the 500-600 bucks for the directed audio ones heck the only ones that are going to be watching these thinks are my 2yr old and 7yr old. They don't care what brand they are. Do you know if you can run wireless head phones on thos things?
they have a input for head phones, I dunno if they support wireless..

trust me though, I'll post pics when I can.... if I'm willing to install them, they are good quality for sure...
Old 02-03-2006, 05:54 PM

ok guys, take consideration that the plastic was still on the monitor, It might look somewhat blurry cause of it. and there's some air bubbles in the plastic as well. one more thing, the camera cought some lines on the picture that only appears in pictures, not while looking at the monitor itself..

all these pics where taken with the default setting on the monitors, I didn't change them to look any better since I had them running off a car charger in my kitchen lol..
Old 02-04-2006, 12:54 PM
KC's FINEST

Tek, you got a link to ebay seller by chance?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Tek, you got a link to ebay seller by chance?
these are the people that sell them the most, they are from canada. I hate ordering from there, but was ready to buy from them anyway, some other private seller was selling the same pair in ny so I bought from him instead. they also sell the sun visor ones i'm getting. if no one else out of canada comes up selling them, I will get them from there.

ebay:
link to the 8", he also has the 7" style for less..

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-INNOVATEK-IN...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-04-2006, 01:15 PM

set up in a different car:

he has the 7" headrest monitors in his, and the visor ones.. ***note my monitors are all black***
Old 02-09-2006, 07:27 AM

how did you install the wiring for the monitors? did you use a video amp or just split an rca output from the dvd player? also, is there a zipper or some sort to open our leather seats to place the wires or did you have to cut something?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by dko683
how did you install the wiring for the monitors? did you use a video amp or just split an rca output from the dvd player? also, is there a zipper or some sort to open our leather seats to place the wires or did you have to cut something?
the installed ones are not mines, my tv's are still in boxes. but I do have a video booster to split the video between all the screens.

for the seats, I haven't gone that far yet....

I also got my 7":

Old 02-09-2006, 12:39 PM
GrandPa

Myself and maxedout04 had ours installed at the same shop. So I don't know how he did the install. My dvd player is in my glove box. He did a neat job as I see no wires and the system is working as it should. He also had the visors done at the same shop. I have one on my drivers side visor but not on the other. My wife did not want to lose the mirror.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ramberg
Myself and maxedout04 had ours installed at the same shop. So I don't know how he did the install. My dvd player is in my glove box. He did a neat job as I see no wires and the system is working as it should. He also had the visors done at the same shop. I have one on my drivers side visor but not on the other. My wife did not want to lose the mirror.

lol....

I have to order my visors after this dyno stuff, and my dvd flip out. I got my alarm in and that needs to go in. I also got the sponsorship grille from Strada in today!

I have work ahead of me...
Old 02-14-2006, 12:09 AM

lol....

I have to order my visors after this dyno stuff, and my dvd flip out. I got my alarm in and that needs to go in. I also got the sponsorship grille from Strada in today!

I have work ahead of me...
What the dvd flip out? Im still not sure were im gonna put a screen in the front. Anyone have any idea's? I kinda like the 6disc in dash thing, but that seems to be the best place to put it I wanted it to come from the sunglasses spot but that expensive as a ****.....

BTW the wires from your headrests go down the back side of your seat. there is enough space to just drop them down....or so said the guy that will be putting them in.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by DRU1
What the dvd flip out? Im still not sure were im gonna put a screen in the front. Anyone have any idea's? I kinda like the 6disc in dash thing, but that seems to be the best place to put it I wanted it to come from the sunglasses spot but that expensive as a ****.....

BTW the wires from your headrests go down the back side of your seat. there is enough space to just drop them down....or so said the guy that will be putting them in.
something along the lines of a avic n2 or so...