Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

bose hu with aftermarket speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:15 PM

bose hu with aftermarket speakers

I'm sure this has been said many time and im sorry for the post but i am wanted to put aftermarket speakers and subs but keep the bose HU what will i need for this switch and i ahve head that it doesnt sound that great is this true what do you all think about this any input will help out alot also any recommendations on 6.5's would be good to
thanks, stuart
Old 03-03-2006, 05:43 PM

First of all, please retake third grade, so that we can understand what you are asking. Run-on paragraphs are very annoying to read
Second, why do you want to keep the stock head unit? Do you actually want it to sound sh!tty? There's nothing worse you could do for your system than keep the Bose head unit in my opinion. Your system is only as good as its weakest link, not to mention all the problems that are notorious with the Bose decks. Furthermore, the Bose amps will not power aftermarket mids/highs, so you'd have to run an aftermarket amp for both the mids and highs as well as the sub.

Now, as for recommendations. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you want a ton of bass? Just a little, but clean sounding? Just some bling in your trunk? Do you have a budget? Have you heard any other systems you've liked, or have you had anything in the past?

After you answer those, we will help you. The answer for the mids and highs will inevitably be Rainbow, of which our friendly moderator here is a dealer. But youd have to at least lay out a budget for everything if you want any advice.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:03 PM

I have two audiobahn 12s with 1000 rms amp and im sorry for the paragraph heh. Also im looking for a solution because i have a pioneer HU i can put in but i went to best buy and they would charge me $300 to put it in. They state "we must rewire the whole system." I really want to put my pioneer HU in some have said use some adapter. I just want to know what i must do to put my Pioneer HU in and some aftermarket speakers. I can just buy a wiring harness and run all new speaker wires. I would like to do it myself so i can learn for next time and help others.

For the speaker recommendations i want my mid's and hi's tio be very crisp i already have the bass. but i also want some midbass what would you recommend? My budget is around $300 <birthday money>

Thanks and sorry again for my stupid paragraph above.
Stuart
Old 03-03-2006, 06:53 PM

have kevin install it 4 MUCH less than BB would charge. I would look at some Soundlines or up that budget for some for germaniums.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have the piece in the back of the radio that converts ur aftermarket head unit to integrate with the bose existing system..Still have factory speakers in but added 2 autobahn 12's...2 10" EV's--2 10" Zeus 2-Bullet Tweeters..sounds fine...
Old 03-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Bacon Lover

Yeah, buy a converter of some sort, wire it in, and call it a day. I have the PAC unit and it works very well with my Pioneer headunit and was very straightforward and simple to install (if you can solder, but even then it's possible without that skill).
Old 03-05-2006, 06:24 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

You don't need the pac, just wire in the headunit. Run wires for all the speakers or use existing signal wires. You don't need to have anything special if your replacing the speakers at the same time.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Suspension Yoda

Don't even do it yourself, it seems you are very confused about what you are doing. Have Kevin do your radio that you are having trouble with, as well as the rest of your stereo. It will be done right, and you will not mess anything up. You could even potentially learn about what to do for next time.

Paying people to do the work sucks, but when you have to pay even more for something you mess up, that sucks more.