Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Dash setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dash setup

Im working on a setup that will have a 7inch screen replace the stock info screen, which will be moved to the bottom storage in the dash.

I was wondering can i use both the PAC OEM1 Bose adaptor and the PAC AAI-NIS2 at the same time?

I'd like to add an amp and subwoofers to the bose system as well as connect the dvd player with the PAC AAI-NIS2 so that the movies will sound through the bose system and additional amp and subs, as well as be able to control the volume.

I also read somewhere that splicing or wire cutting is not necessary for installing the PAC modules. I noticed there are postive and negative wires on the modules. Those do not need to be connected?

(I am choosing this setup in order to stick with a factory look to reduce the theft while parkin it in the street.)

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:59 AM

So what are ur plns with the HU? If ur keeping the stock HU I dont see a reason why u should add the PAC OEM1. If ur adding an amp all u need to do is tap the remote wire that turns the bose amp and of course tap into the rear speaker leads to get ur RCA signal.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by myer84
So what are ur plns with the HU? If ur keeping the stock HU I dont see a reason why u should add the PAC OEM1. If ur adding an amp all u need to do is tap the remote wire that turns the bose amp and of course tap into the rear speaker leads to get ur RCA signal.
I was going to go that route but i heard that the sound quality suffers as a result compared to the PAC adapter or is it the same?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:25 AM

To my knowledge (plz correct me if im wrong) the PAC switch just converts an Aftermarket HU amp signal so that ur bose amp doesnt receive an amplified signal. If u want to get good sound I would at least chng the HU and of course use the PAC switch. By keeping the stock HU the only way ur going to connect an amp for ur subs is by running a remote wire from ur stock harness and rca's connectd to speaker leads. Ur never going to get good sound with a stock HU if adding aftermarket audio components. I suggest u buy a DVD HU instead. It would save u headaches and of course u wont sacrifice sound quality.