Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

pioneer avic-d1

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:23 PM

pioneer avic-d1

sup? I was wondering, I know this is an older unit, but if any of you could comment on the actual navigation features of this headunit, and if they are accurate? I looked on crutchfield and it seems to have mixed reviews on the navi and getting to where you need to go, and was wondering if you all might have any input on its accuracy? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:50 AM

I bought this unit over Eclipse mainly because of the nav traffic feature. My line of work requries me to travel a lot, hence the need for realtime traffic information. I must say this feature is very helpful. On the map display, it shows avg traffic speeds, construction info, etc. for all major highways. There is also a list available for traffic info i.e. accidents, near your posistion. When you have a destination selected, it will tell you that there is slow traffic and ask if you want to re-route, which is a great feature. As far as the re-routes go, there are actually pretty good. Sometimes it routes you to go around the traffic via local roads, then puts you back on the highway. And other times it routes you to take a local road till your destination.

If you don't want to pay for nav traffic (provided by XM), the navigation is still great. It tells you to make turns well ahead of time and it also allows you to know exactly what is next at the push of a button. So if you're travelling straight for a couple of miles, you can push a button and it will tell you what is next. The only thing that bothers me is that it tells you things in fractions. Such as "in 7/10 of a mile, turn left" Also, if you're looking for a Wendy's (or whatever) in a strip mall, sometimes it will tell you to make a U-turn then tell you your destination is on the right...when all you had to do was make a left into the strip mall's driveway. Also, sometimes it will tell you "you have arrived at your destination" on the dot, but it's not exact all the time. You can always at least see your destination even though it won't tell you exactly. Minor annoyances at best.

I think I've only skimmed the surface of that this piece can do, I just can't think of everything at the moment. It's a solid navigation unit with a plethora of features.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:07 PM

BUMP! hey i have pioneer avh7500... this is for users with a pioneer tv, i just got headreat tvs, that DO work. i cant manage to get the rear tvs to play off the front source. yes the wiring is correct. i cant manage the tvs to use the front unit as its source for video. im worried it my be a fault output on my brain for the video cable. cuz if i plug video input as an xbox, itll only play on the rears <xbox> with sound being able to play through the units AV inputs for vcr. HEEEEEEEEELP! plus any suggestion shops that fix motorized tv's by pioneer? i know soudn advice does!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by pu5hkar
BUMP! hey i have pioneer avh7500... this is for users with a pioneer tv, i just got headreat tvs, that DO work. i cant manage to get the rear tvs to play off the front source. yes the wiring is correct. i cant manage the tvs to use the front unit as its source for video. im worried it my be a fault output on my brain for the video cable. cuz if i plug video input as an xbox, itll only play on the rears <xbox> with sound being able to play through the units AV inputs for vcr. HEEEEEEEEELP! plus any suggestion shops that fix motorized tv's by pioneer? i know soudn advice does!
No offense, but nobody is going to give a **** or give you any respect when you hijack other peoples threads completely off topic.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:38 PM

anybody else???
Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Suspension Yoda

I played with one, it was pretty accurate.

I didn't like the menus, interface, or layout, but that's my preference.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
I played with one, it was pretty accurate.

I didn't like the menus, interface, or layout, but that's my preference.
I coulda told you thatd be the case for you, someone coming from an AVN5435
Old 03-29-2006, 05:32 AM

I've had my D1 for a few months now and the navigation accuracy is pretty good. Presentation and function is not as good as my Garmin portable unit, but it gets me where I need to go.