Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Z1 Installed... Pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yea it looks horrible. My father just came back from a business trip and he could no believe that I paid you any money to do this and after I paid you ruined the kit so I have to spend more money to get a new one, plus I have evrything apart which is precisely why I paid you money to do this. This is unacceptable Nilesh.

Lol Derevnya, Ya iz Vinnitsi, eto escho bolshe derevnya.
Anywa I got my dremel but it is turning out harder than I thought to get the holes to line up.
It's not the $100. Its just that even if I get it for $100 there is going to be a gap which I dont want to have...
Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by zgrm100
My father just came back from a business trip and he could no believe that I paid you any money to do this and after I paid you ruined the kit so I have to spend more money to get a new one, plus I have evrything apart which is precisely why I paid you money to do this. This is unacceptable Nilesh.

You seem to easily forget the rest of the job that he did for you that was worth paying for. Just because you don't like the frame doesn't mean you throw away the picture. Please stop talking about the fitment and just get it fixed.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:12 PM

yea yea Im just venting. Ididnt forget its just the fitment is the first thing you notice. Okay so Im done for the day since its dark already.

So I set up the dremel and it is harder than I Thought. Am I supposed to get at low or high speed? Also which sanding bit do you suggest to use? I am using a cylindrical on and moving it back and forth but it seems to slip sometimes and creates a valley that I have to even out everything else to. It seems impossible to be able to get it straight. Could you guys that have done it give me some pointers on how to make it even? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:19 PM

sand by hand. my metra kit didn't allow the door thingy on my dash to close all the way, so i just sand some plastic off by hand.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
sand by hand. my metra kit didn't allow the door thingy on my dash to close all the way, so i just sand some plastic off by hand.
I didnt think it would effectively take any plastic off but that does sound much easier. How many gritt should I get? One of those square things that are used to sand drywall I'm assuming, right?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Suspension Yoda

Too rough. Get something along the lines of 200-500 grit.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally Posted by zgrm100
Yea it looks horrible. My father just came back from a business trip and he could no believe that I paid you any money to do this and after I paid you ruined the kit so I have to spend more money to get a new one, plus I have evrything apart which is precisely why I paid you money to do this. This is unacceptable Nilesh.

Lol Derevnya, Ya iz Vinnitsi, eto escho bolshe derevnya.
Anywa I got my dremel but it is turning out harder than I thought to get the holes to line up.
It's not the $100. Its just that even if I get it for $100 there is going to be a gap which I dont want to have...
What did I tell you about these fu(king threads? Are you trying to test me in some way? I gave alot of slack for this, but nonetheless you **** on a gift. Your ice is wearing very thin, next time it wont be a warning or any words for that matter.

This thread is now also CLOSED, do not PM me and ask me why or "am I feeling ok" again. It will not be replied to.

Furthermore, speak FU(KING ENGLISH HERE. You want to use a different language? Do it PMs or emails.