Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Viper alarm help me please (kinda urgent)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:13 AM

Viper alarm help me please (kinda urgent)

So i bought an alarm on the internet (791xv)and took it to a local place to get it installed. They tell me itll be done by 4pm so i walk in at 4 and its not done. I ask what the problem is and he says that the factory alarm wont let the remote start stay on. And i thought that was odd. Then he says that he'll have to keep it overnight and im like whatever at this point as long as it gets done right. Call at 11 am and he says that it wont let him program the alrm and hell have to rewire it the WRONG way because thats the only way it will work. He said ill have to push unlock twice instead of once which the viper alarm wont do well. My previous alarm (autopage rmote start) had the same issue with the unlock twice thing thats why i know that these problems are related and that the brain of the viper isnt defective like he said. Please help if you can. Id appreciate ir -Rick
Old 08-25-2006, 11:17 AM

BTW i got completly raped with what they are charging me but my reasoning was that it would get done right, thats why im so upset. I haven't payed yet and will refuse if its not done right.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:21 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Honestlly? Sounds like they dont know how to properly install an alarm in a car as simple as a 4th gen.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:21 PM

BTW...ask him if hes ever heard of DOUBLE PULSE...
Old 08-26-2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
BTW...ask him if hes ever heard of DOUBLE PULSE...
I did and he said oh ill re-wire it so its okay. then 4 hours later i come back, when its supposed to be done and he says well i got the locks to work but now i cant get the remote start to work, but its because the "brain of the alarm wont let me program anything at all" i dont even know what to do anymore. There isnt one plae in Tucson that knows what thet are doing i cant win.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:52 AM
westler92

For something like that, I would take it far from where you live.

He doesnt know what he is doing. Plain and simple. Tell him to cease immediately on the work and negotiate on what you owe him. Then take your car elsewhere and research your options further....

Old 08-26-2006, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ricksi30
I did and he said oh ill re-wire it so its okay. then 4 hours later i come back, when its supposed to be done and he says well i got the locks to work but now i cant get the remote start to work, but its because the "brain of the alarm wont let me program anything at all" i dont even know what to do anymore. There isnt one plae in Tucson that knows what thet are doing i cant win.

Actually this could hold some truth. Ive had customers even from here that bought these online and the exact thing happened. I couldnt program manually or with the Bitwriter. And DEI will not do anything for them/you. You have to hope that the seller you purchased from will.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Actually this could hold some truth. Ive had customers even from here that bought these online and the exact thing happened. I couldnt program manually or with the Bitwriter. And DEI will not do anything for them/you. You have to hope that the seller you purchased from will.
Thanks they kept my car one more day and then called me first thing in morning and said they fixed it that everyhting was okay. They said that they had to get a brain sent to them from there store in phoenix and they gave me the new brain free of charge. Then he shows me everything and says oh yeah did you notice that the front passenger door lock and window dont work all of the time? I respond no they did before i brought my car here. Then he says well all the signals are going to the door but they dont get received by the switch. Then he tells me i can get a new one at a junk yard and it will work. I know that this is there fault but what do i do? And does anyone know what the problem could be. When i push the lock button or window switch on the drivers door i here a click by the door but nothing happens and when i slide the actual lock on the passenger side to the lock position all the other locks move like normal.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not an expert or an installer, but maybe they wired the window module(s) to the window switch(es) instead of the motor, like they are supposed to. (as I've seen in other threads) Either that, or maybe they didn't set the resistance dip switches correctly?

This may serve as a warning to other folks to make sure they only use DEI certified install shops (you can search on DEI's site). If a shop says they are certified, but don't appear on the list, call DEI directly. If they don't know em, then avoid the shop.