Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

bose system vs aftermarket..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:33 PM
96SEsleepa

bose system vs aftermarket..

when i bought the car i noticed that it had already been prewired for a system. when i plugged my sub in i couldnt get any power. So i tore the whole ****t apart and noticed that the red cable wuznt connected to the batt, and the other two wires werent connected to the radio ....NOW-i have a bose sound system which sounds like shiit!
Before i take the radio out of the dash to plug in those wires is there anything i should kno?...

ive heard b4 that u must bypass some some shiit if u hav bose?
should i attempt this or take it to a shop?

dam...banned for one week feels a lil fckd up...lol
but im bacc bishes!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Do you have Bose or not? if you have Bose, everything must be bose. You can use aftermarket speakers with Bose but they sound like garbage. If you have a bose head unit you must use bose speakers.

It sounds to me like you are trying to tell us that you have a BOSE head unit but aftermarket speakers.

And about that red wire. Don't hook it up to your battery. I think its for an amplifier. Find out where the other end of that red wire is or else you'll have a majorly violent short.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 PM

i was told that if u yo have bose and are only swapping the headunit then u are fine also adding an amp and sub to the bose headunit shouldnt be a problem
Old 09-05-2006, 07:42 PM

So I have a bose head unit and just got the rainbow componets from Pearl, are you saying these will sound crappy even if I get an aftermarker amp or you saying they will sound bad of stock bose amp?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You can get adapters to go both ways: Bose HU with aftermarket amp and speakers or Bose amp and speakers with aftermarket HU. In 4th gens, you have to use the Bose speakers with the Bose amp because the speakers are 1 ohm, which will eventually kill most aftermarket amps, and a 4 or 8 ohm load on an amp designed for 1 ohm will sound relatively quiet.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My '03 I35 has the Bose. I got the PAC unit to so that I could add an aftermarket amp + new door speakers. It sounds ALOT better, but, the way the Head unit is EQ'd leaves much to be desired. If you have the cash, go ahead and ditch the entire Bose system, it really sucks. My head unit doesn't like to play CDs sometimes and it is driving me nuts. I'll be ripping that thing out soon enough and probably setting it on fire........of course, once I get it out of the car and if I do set fire to the Bose head unit, I'll be sure to post pics.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:29 PM
96SEsleepa

naw....
i hav bose...but i want to hook up a subwoofer and an amp. alot of peeps sre tellin me that u must first bypass sumthing in the bose system b4 u plug the amp and sub up.
is this true? or can i go ahead and hook my shiit up
im sorry yall this bose sound like shiit. it has to go

Old 09-07-2006, 05:43 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

So much non-sense in this thread READ THE MOTHER EFFING STICKIES.

/thread
Old 09-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I picked up a 96 GLE for my daughter and the bose unit doesn't even come on. I didn't think it was that big a deal until I started looking at replacing it. I understand you can't just run any deck with the bose speakers or vice versa but I found an adaptor that is supposed to allow the use of any aftermarket deck with the bose speakers ($50). Has anyone done this succesfully??
Old 09-09-2006, 06:10 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

MY GOD MAN. Use a METRA 70-7551, with an aftermarket deck that has 4+ volts of pre-out voltage and 2 sets rca outputs(front and rear) and you will be more than fine.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

This thread = teh funnAy
Old 09-12-2006, 11:53 AM

EASY i have the bose system, i changed my four door speakers for infiniti reference speakers. i also changed my deck for a cd-mp3 player (panasonic). i kept the stock tweaters and kept the stock 8" sub-woofer.( i purchased the bose conversion wiring harness) which was the only way to properly connect your new sound system through the old bose amp. It does still amplify the speakers and sub. i also added a rockford fosgate amp and 12" sub.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

have a question. i have a 1996 maxima gle with the bose system and was wondering if any one knew what the size of the speakers are in the car.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:23 AM
shift_Puff

to answer all questions.
First of all bose sucks
re-wire te whole car(for speakers), get an aftermarket radio a 4 channel amplifier with new 6 1/2 inch speakers(2 pairs). I had my bose HU with infinity speakers and amp....it sounded great, but i needed a LOC(well 2)it's a little thing that goes behind the radio to give some rca outputs, which is how i connected the amp. It will sound even better with an aftermarket radio. THe HU is the brain of the sound system...so yeah, it's important. Also make sure you buy something of decent quality, cause they do break(or get a long warrenty, like 2 or 3 yrs)
enjoy...took me 4 and a half hours to install that last night