Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

eclipse ipc106 ipod adapter and avn6610bt.. a couple of questions/problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

eclipse ipc106 ipod adapter and avn6610bt.. a couple of questions/problems

so i finally purchased an eclipse avn6610bt and the ipc106 ipod adapter (got the avn6610bt from don). almost everything works great, the one thing that doesn't seem to work (and i'm hoping its just user error) is that i can't go past "page 1" of songs/genres/albums/artists while on the ipod source screen. basically you touch "artist" and it brings up the first 10 or so items in the list of artists and it has a scroll bar on the right side with a very thin indicator bar that normally shows that you have a huge list of items. clicking on the up or down arrow does nothing, nor does clicking anywhere on the scrollbar area to draw the indicator bar up or down. PLEASE tell me there is a way to get scroll through to the rest of your music. i normally listen to my music on random, but i do also like to just choose an artist or album and play just those tracks.

one last question, i was playing around with the gps functionality of the avn6610bt and set a "marker" on a random area, how do i actually delete that random marker? i know how to delete them out of your preferred list of "places" but it isn't in that list.

thanks guys.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by replicant
so i finally purchased an eclipse avn6610bt and the ipc106 ipod adapter (got the avn6610bt from don). almost everything works great, the one thing that doesn't seem to work (and i'm hoping its just user error) is that i can't go past "page 1" of songs/genres/albums/artists while on the ipod source screen. basically you touch "artist" and it brings up the first 10 or so items in the list of artists and it has a scroll bar on the right side with a very thin indicator bar that normally shows that you have a huge list of items. clicking on the up or down arrow does nothing, nor does clicking anywhere on the scrollbar area to draw the indicator bar up or down. PLEASE tell me there is a way to get scroll through to the rest of your music. i normally listen to my music on random, but i do also like to just choose an artist or album and play just those tracks.

one last question, i was playing around with the gps functionality of the avn6610bt and set a "marker" on a random area, how do i actually delete that random marker? i know how to delete them out of your preferred list of "places" but it isn't in that list.

thanks guys.
Maybe there's a MAX number of folders you can have? Also, try picking by just songs....you should be able to scroll through those.

For the navi...I think you have to go to setup to delete them...
Old 05-23-2007, 07:27 AM

tried that too jeff, but no luck, either the controller is busted, the whole deck is busted, or maybe it doesn't support the 80gig video ipod, which in either case i'm going to have to rip everything out and send it back to it's respective places to be replaced or fixed. in all cases, that is a huge disappointement as you can imagine. since really the whole purpose of me getting this was for the ipod integration. i'll post up pics in just a couple minutes of me trying to press the scroll bar, etc.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 AM

tried that too jeff, but no luck, either the controller is busted, the whole deck is busted, or maybe it doesn't support the 80gig video ipod, which in either case i'm going to have to rip everything out and send it back to it's respective places to be replaced or fixed. in all cases, that is a huge disappointement as you can imagine. since really the whole purpose of me getting this was for the ipod integration. i'll post up pics in just a couple minutes of me trying to press the scroll bar, etc.
Damn that sucks...I'll try to find more people with ipods to test it with...

do you know anyone else with an IPOD? I'm sure you do...try it with theirs.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM

jeff, i tried my old 3rd gen 20 gig ipod (black/white version) and had the same results, i.e. not able to scroll through music when searching by a specific topic.

i emailed eclipse's tech support, but am worried that i won't get a response. this totally is a downer for me bceause i really like the deck and now that i finally have everything installed, pulling all of that out (some stuff i custom fabbed for the parrot bluetooth stuff) will be a pain.

anyway, thanks for the responses. i'll let you know what i hear from eclipse (if i hear anything).

maybe don can use his connections to get a quicker tech support response?? don?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 AM

jeff, i tried my old 3rd gen 20 gig ipod (black/white version) and had the same results, i.e. not able to scroll through music when searching by a specific topic.

i emailed eclipse's tech support, but am worried that i won't get a response. this totally is a downer for me bceause i really like the deck and now that i finally have everything installed, pulling all of that out (some stuff i custom fabbed for the parrot bluetooth stuff) will be a pain.

anyway, thanks for the responses. i'll let you know what i hear from eclipse (if i hear anything).

maybe don can use his connections to get a quicker tech support response?? don?
ECLIPSE was pretty quick to get back to me....wait at least 24 hours.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Be patient Seth, they Will respond.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 AM

Ok, so, "WTF?" is all I have to say. Eclipse's tech support got back to me, now bear in mind, i don't have the parking break wire wired to anything bceause I didn't think I'd need it for anything, and in the end was going to just ground it anyway for the video "hack". Well Eclipse's tech support said that if it was grayed out ("it" being the scroll bar buttons) then it means that you can only use the search feature while you are parked with the parking brake engaged. So I simply said "thanks for the info". I of course told him that I had everything professionally installed by a licensed Eclipse shop before we discussed anything since I figured that would give me the best results for help.

So moral of the story, if I would have hooked up the parking brake wire to begin with, I could have at least been able to search songs while parked, but anyway, I'm going to pull everything out again tonight and ground that parking brake wire anyway.

That's just a word to the wise in case any of you run into the same issue I did.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 AM

Ok, so, "WTF?" is all I have to say. Eclipse's tech support got back to me, now bear in mind, i don't have the parking break wire wired to anything bceause I didn't think I'd need it for anything, and in the end was going to just ground it anyway for the video "hack". Well Eclipse's tech support said that if it was grayed out ("it" being the scroll bar buttons) then it means that you can only use the search feature while you are parked with the parking brake engaged. So I simply said "thanks for the info". I of course told him that I had everything professionally installed by a licensed Eclipse shop before we discussed anything since I figured that would give me the best results for help.

So moral of the story, if I would have hooked up the parking brake wire to begin with, I could have at least been able to search songs while parked, but anyway, I'm going to pull everything out again tonight and ground that parking brake wire anyway.

That's just a word to the wise in case any of you run into the same issue I did.
bhwahahah pwned by one wire. Well isn't that a relief? hehe...at least they were HELPFUL.

I would have NEVER thought of that cause I always make my eclipse units FULL ACCESS.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Such a n00b ... didnt I even tell you to ground it?

Seth ...Im still waitin for those pics of your shoes.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:47 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Parking brake wire = the key to life.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 PM

No, the key to the ignition is the key to life. Without that all else fails.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:22 PM

you told me to ground it, i just hadn't done it yet; i knew i was going to, just that no where did i see anything about the ipod module not 100% functioning while the car is moving, or else i would have grounded it sooner/already. very few occasions where i'd be watching a dvd and driving, so i was really in no rush to ground it. anyway, lesson learned, if you're going to hack something, don't wait to hack it, go ahead and hack it now... or something.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:28 PM

You are so much fun to *** with.

Shoes?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:33 PM

yeah, i'm just pissy because of this and some work stuff. now STFU! speaking of shoes, i'm thinking of getting some g35 18's. you have any for sell don?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:38 PM

yeah, i'm just pissy because of this and some work stuff. now STFU! speaking of shoes, i'm thinking of getting some g35 18's. you have any for sell don?
he's got some SICK 19's! Don't go G35 18's...everybody's got them.

OK don...GET SETH TO BUY MORE SH*T PART II

GO!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:43 PM

hellz to tha no, thats so last year.

I do have a set of wheels for ya tho.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by burnurass
he's got some SICK 19's! Don't go G35 18's...everybody's got them.

OK don...GET SETH TO BUY MORE SH*T PART II

GO!

He needs to take my wheels.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM

yeah yeah i'm behind the times on hookin up the maxima.

seriously though what kinna wheels you got don? i'll pay you 100$ bucks total for 'em
Old 05-23-2007, 12:47 PM

HA ! TSW Modellos with about 600 miles em. But your budget wont even cover shipping.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 PM

yeah yeah i'm behind the times on hookin up the maxima.

seriously though what kinna wheels you got don? i'll pay you 100$ bucks total for 'em
WOW..you run a hard bargain. Shipping is expensive though....probably gonna cost you $1200 for shipping. Don tends to overpackage a little for safety's sake.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:49 PM

there ya go !
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 PM

woot, done, fixed, etc. only thing that is left is to get that tweeter hooked up to the bluetooth unit. i gave it a test, and of course no audio as you guys already knew, however the mic works perfectly, nice and clear on my voicemail when i tested it. i'm so loving this thing. the ipod control could be a little bit more thought out, but overall, extremely happy (now that i got that lil issue figured out).
Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 AM

Finally !
Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 AM

pics of everything: http://www.flickr.com/photos/smesser...7600257534798/
Old 05-24-2007, 06:47 AM

Good work bud, although ya need to touch up on your camera skills now.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 AM

haha, always something eh? camera phone for teh win!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:52 AM

Ahh now that explains it. Hey its fun to break your ***** a bit.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 AM

next up are some actual car mods as i mentioned earlier.. mostly some of the lighting mods, new brakes/rotors, fstb, rsb, eventually new wheels/tires, shocks/springs, the big one though is some body repair, and was thinking of getting it repainted a different color, notably the maxima blue color (majestic blue i think?), but i don't want nissan to do it, since their paint job was so crappy from the factory.

thanks again btw for the help from you and jeff. oh btw, i don't remember if you ever said, but, which harness am i hooking up the extra speaker to (for the bluetooth module)? its a 1" tweeter with standard pos/neg terminals. jeff wasn't 100% sure and mentioned that i'd be using one of the interconnect harnesses from the eclipse deck (the one thai didn't use.. wth the bare wires for f/r left and right.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 AM

next up are some actual car mods as i mentioned earlier.. mostly some of the lighting mods, new brakes/rotors, fstb, rsb, eventually new wheels/tires, shocks/springs, the big one though is some body repair, and was thinking of getting it repainted a different color, notably the maxima blue color (majestic blue i think?), but i don't want nissan to do it, since their paint job was so crappy from the factory.

thanks again btw for the help from you and jeff. oh btw, i don't remember if you ever said, but, which harness am i hooking up the extra speaker to (for the bluetooth module)? its a 1" tweeter with standard pos/neg terminals. jeff wasn't 100% sure and mentioned that i'd be using one of the interconnect harnesses from the eclipse deck (the one thai didn't use.. wth the bare wires for f/r left and right.
use the one that's front LEFT...i believe white / white/black. it's marked on the top of your headunit. Ya just have to take a look.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:06 AM

Correct and the one with the Black stripe is negative, although it doesnt really matter...
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Correct and the one with the Black stripe is negative, although it doesnt really matter...
lol says that on the headunit too...but we can't assume he knows with his nooobness..................he might feel like hooking up the negative one later.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 AM

Exactly, always have to double up on info with him.