Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

2002 Maxima installation help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM

2002 Maxima installation help

Replacing the Navigation unit. A little more of a pain than I thought it would be. I've got the Auto Climate control in and working with no problems but then I realized the brackets are different. So I went to the stealership to get the brackets, pocket and bezel from a non Bose setup. They wanted 130 bezel, 70 two brackets and 61 for the pocket. I obviously left without ordering anything. They werent possitive on the bezel. ok my questions

Anybody have the part number for the double din opening bezel. Or a vin for a car that came with it.

I might just redrill the brackets and make it work. Will the Bezel I have work for the time being? I'm thinking the nav bezel is going to be too big as the auto climate is taller than the radio was and thats where the bezel ends at so there would be overlap.

What do you normally do with the antenna wires to convert them to a typical antenna input.

One more, I'll probably find it when I pull the seats and carpet out in a little while but where's the factory amp at.

Thanks Guys
Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brusk
Replacing the Navigation unit. A little more of a pain than I thought it would be. I've got the Auto Climate control in and working with no problems but then I realized the brackets are different. So I went to the stealership to get the brackets, pocket and bezel from a non Bose setup. They wanted 130 bezel, 70 two brackets and 61 for the pocket. I obviously left without ordering anything. They werent possitive on the bezel. ok my questions

Anybody have the part number for the double din opening bezel. Or a vin for a car that came with it.

I might just redrill the brackets and make it work. Will the Bezel I have work for the time being? I'm thinking the nav bezel is going to be too big as the auto climate is taller than the radio was and thats where the bezel ends at so there would be overlap.

What do you normally do with the antenna wires to convert them to a typical antenna input.

One more, I'll probably find it when I pull the seats and carpet out in a little while but where's the factory amp at.

Thanks Guys
well to answer the question about the antenna adapter you need "Nissan Antenna Adapter"
which is this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iJY1sZH...00&I=12040NI10

You can get it from crutchfield, circuit City, Bestbuy...I got mine from ebay dirt cheap...

I have a regular 2001 5th gen GLE, when i ripped out my stock system, my factor amp was in the trunk, TO THE RIGHT OF THE COURTESY LAMP..So if you open your trunk look directly under the rear deck on the right side...thats where it would be locaated with BOSE equipped maxima's
Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i got mine from walmart, was an all-in-one universal import version, had the nissan one on there, works like a champ. was like 9 bucks or something at the wally world.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks Guys
I'll take a stab at this....you have the OEM navigation? And you're throwing an aftermarket radio in there in place of your OEM navigation? IF this is the case..why don't you swap just the radio part? Is it cause the navi screen is broken and you can't control the climate controls?

IF you're changing EVERYTHING...yeah the brackets you def. need the GXE/SE/GLE model w/o navi's brackets. Go to a junkyard...maybe they'll have it and maybe you could use the harnesses. As for the trim piece...just order it from online or dave b. It's the GXE Ventilator Assembly.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Cool I picked up the antenna adaptor. Looks like crap but whatever works. Got all the old stuff out didn't realize it was going to be so integrated I was going to try to rip out pieces since the car was stripped but gave up on that real quick. I can't believe I missed the amp sitting there. Which wire goes to wich prong on the antenna or does it matter. I didn't want to put the stereo where the tape player was since there's no adaptor that I've seen and honestly I can't stand the factory Nav unit it sucks. Ah what a pain I've had to buy all new RCA's and power since the Max is apparently alot longer than my previous honda's. Why can't I just be normal and listen to the radio like most of the world.

Any idea on the part number for the GXE Ventilator Assembly or at least what year I'm thinking they stopped after 02 since nissan doesn't even show a pocket offered after 01.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Cool I picked up the antenna adaptor. Looks like crap but whatever works. Got all the old stuff out didn't realize it was going to be so integrated I was going to try to rip out pieces since the car was stripped but gave up on that real quick. I can't believe I missed the amp sitting there. Which wire goes to wich prong on the antenna or does it matter. I didn't want to put the stereo where the tape player was since there's no adaptor that I've seen and honestly I can't stand the factory Nav unit it sucks. Ah what a pain I've had to buy all new RCA's and power since the Max is apparently alot longer than my previous honda's. Why can't I just be normal and listen to the radio like most of the world.

Any idea on the part number for the GXE Ventilator Assembly or at least what year I'm thinking they stopped after 02 since nissan doesn't even show a pocket offered after 01.

you could check out courtesyparts.com.......which is an authorized nissan parts dealer, here is the link to the GXE vent.

this site has their own part number convention, so dont expect the part number to be correct if you take the number to a local dealerhship....this site does part numbers like that so YOU WONT go to do the dealership asking for a part
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=68750-VENTC
Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Suspension Yoda

FYI. I ordered a pair of regular brackets from Dave B - $6 per side. Not kidding.
Pocket is $20 and GXE kit, well, yea that's the price it is.